Thursday, May 18, 2006

Bowl of Cherries

Well life isn't always one of those, is it?
In the last couple of days we've had the good news that the operation my Uncle had on Tuesday was successful and that he's home, happy and feeling better than he's done for about a year. Just a shame they didn't figure out what was wrong a bit sooner....
Then we had the sad news last night that a much loved relative of mine died yesterday.
I couldn't decide whether to write about this here, but if this blog is about things that are happening in my life, then this is very relevant. I'm feeling very sad today, but I know that once the initial shock has worn off I have wonderful, funny memories of him which will always make me smile.

6 comments:

Kelly K said...

Kathy, I've already told you I'm sorry about 'Uncle' Ken, but have some more hugs ((((Kathy))))

Jane said...

sending you huge cyber hugs, Kathy.

Lythan said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Kathy. Sending love, hugs andprayers for you and the family

Kathy said...

Thanks, Kel, Jane and Lythan. It helps so much to know people care and take the time to send a message. It's sad for those who are left, and my thoughts are with his wife, children and Grandchildren.

Debbie @ The Shabby Bungalow said...

Kathy - what a day of mixed emotions - sending you lots of hugs and thinking of you all ((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

Rachel said...

Kathy sorry to read this news, sending you and your family (hhhuuuuggggsssss) and thinking of you all. What a lovely photo of your uncle x