Thursday, November 30, 2006

MILs Birthday Card

I've been really busy this week what with one thing or another. Some weeks are like that aren't they? I've written a cardmaking class for a cyber crop which is happening over at Scrapstars at the weekend. I didn't realise it was set for Sunday and I won't actually be around so I've had a couple of people check it over and make sure it's all nice and clear and makes sense! Tracie has offered to be Supply Teacher and will be there to help and answer any questions, bless her cotton socks! Thank you Tracie :-)


This is the card I've made for MILs birthday. The papers are from a Self Addressed Kit I do love these kits but far too often I just get them out to look at then put them away again (bad Kathy). The big flower is/was a white Angel Kisses one but I sort of went mad with the inking. I used Cats Eye chalk ink pads in various colours, finally coming up with a shading that I liked, but it looked really "flat" and dull. I decided the worst that could happen was I'd have to start again so got busy with the Krylon pen and actually, I really like the result, it sort of tied all the colours together and gives quite an "opulent" look I think (feel free to disagree, but don't burst my bubble - keep it quiet!!!). The big brad in the centre was yellow, but I Krylon-ed it gold, then Glossy Accented it - then took the photo before the glue was dry, hence the gloopy look, sorry! Now it's dried beautifully but is sealed in the envelope so I can't do another photo.

The greeting is done with QK Phoebe alphabet, and the other bits and pieces are tiny pieces of peach ribbon fixed with peachy coloured brads and some small turquoise-blue prima flowers accented with liquid pearls.

That's it, I hope she likes it.

7 comments:

Lythan said...

That is luvverly kathy. I have foudn that i hve used a lot of krylon pen with those papers too. as you will see tomorrow....

Oblibby said...

Oooo Kathy, beautiful card - your MIL will love it. Amazing colour combo.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

how can she not love it? It's stunning....love teh colour combo, must try those two colours together my self. Have a great weekend away Kathy.

Paula J Atkinson said...

Its fabulous, I'm sure she will love it. I would!!!
What you'll miss the dare!!!!!
That can't happen Miss Kathy...you'll have to do a double dare as soon as you get home!

Anonymous said...

Another gorgeous card Kathy. I love the effect you have created on the flower. Really need to get myself some Krylon pens I think.

Tracey xx

Anonymous said...

I'm sure your MIL will love it - you done a fab job on the card Kathy!

Anonymous said...

Great job, she's going to love it!