Friday, December 22, 2006

It's Dare Day Again

The Daring Cardmakers' latest dare is to make a Happy New Year Card using a list of "ingredients" to help get you started. In the midst of all the last minute Christmas panic it was actually quite nice to have sopmething a bit different to do, so please check out the blog here to see the cards the Team have come up with this time.
Here's my effort for this one, it was really difficult to get a decent photo of this one, sorry:

I used a card and papers from a recent Self-Addressed kit (can't remember if the card and paper were from the same kit though!). I used some matt gold card for the tags, to highlight the panel on the left hand side, and round the diecut wine bottle (a QK die). I thought the wavy cut away edge on the side of the card lent itself to having a diecut bottle placed at an angle over the edge, the numbers are supposed to be the bubbles, and yes I know it's not a champagne bottle but it's the best I could manage. The alphabet is QK Studio cut in black glitter card, my allotted 3 brads are star shaped and as I didn't have gold ones in the right size I coloured these with a gold Krylon pen, a bit of gold ribbon and it's done.

Please, if you find a spare minute in all the Christmas celebrations, or maybe need an excuse to lock yourself away for a few minutes P&Q - do have a go at our Dare, we'd love to add your blog to our links list.

Now, just in case I don't get back here before the big day:

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

8 comments:

Lisa said...

And merry christmas to you too Kathy xxxxxx

Sue said...

and from me to Kathy
xxxx

See you in the New year

Dollydimps said...

Love the dare card!

Merry Christmas xx

Gillian said...

Awesome card Kathy, Just brilliant. Love the curvey edge.
Thankyou for all of your creative inspiration, I've really loved checking your blog out each day.. and hope that you have a wonderful Christmas.. God Bless Gillian :o)

Paula J Atkinson said...

Gorgeous!!
Merry Christmas, Kathy.
xx

Jo said...

Fabby card, Kathy,

I hope you and OH have a very happy Christmas

Jo xx

Oblibby said...

Lovely card, Kathy.

Hope you and hubby have a wonderful Christmas.

xoxo

Pearl said...

Hi Kathy

I trust Christmas a a good time for you !


Thanks so much for all your kind & warm comments - as what Gillian says - such a blessing to me too !you've all been at daringcardmakers ! lol - more good times with the dares ahead !

& a fabby new shiny year ahead !
ttfn, Pearl