Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Taking a Break

I'm waiting for the glitter glue to dry on the latest mad Christmas card order. Why can't people be happy with "Happy Christmas Ethelfreda" or whatever? Why does it need to have a juggling dog standing on two legs in a gondola while Spanish flamenco dancers do their stuff in the background, and of coursethe greeting is written in Greek and says something like "Happy Christmas Hunny Bunny from Your Ever Loving Pickled Onion"?


OK so it's not quite that bad, But you know - it's not easy to get a weird brief and give it all a Christmas look too, is it?
I'd only just got my head around "2 Christmas cards for some little Swedish nephew and niece please. And, Oh can they have a Bob the Builder theme please....?" when the latest request was made - hopefully I'll get a photo done and put it on here tomorrow - then you can say "phew! glad it wasn't me who was asked to do that"
Back to B the B. I decided to do both cards pretty much the same, apparently the little girl is a bit younger than the boy but wants everything he has, so if he likes B the B, then so does she, I reckoned this got me out of trying to come up with two different ideas. I'm quite chuffed with the result - mind you I think that's probably more to do with the relief at actually managing to do something that doesn't look a total mess!

7 comments:

Creative Options said...

Kathy, your Bob the Builder cards are just adorable!!!

And who would have thought that Bob & Xmas would go together so well?
Nice work!

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Yes, you are correct - we're all thinking "glad I didn't get asked to do Bob the Builder Christmas cards!!!" But you rose to the challenge, Kathy! Well done indeed!
And that joke? ARRGGHHHH!! Ha Ha Ha! :-D

Lynne said...

The cards are fab Kathy.
That is one of the reasons I have turned down all Christmas orders this year ..... my hair has just grown back after pulling on it so much last year ;)

Jo said...

I hate comissioned cards, you always seem to get a huge shopping list of things to embellish the card with that are a huge nightmare to put together! You have done a fantastic job with these cards :)

Gillian said...

Kathy you have really done an awesome job on these Commision cards.. I would have ran a million miles before attempting that.. But they are brilliant.. and little bob holding a present, that's great...

Rika said...

Wow, thses Bob the Builer cards
are so wonderful!

Anonymous said...

o0oo my gosh, these are divine!! How super clever you are kathy!