Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Stashology

I soooo love getting parcels!
Yesterday 2 crafty packagefuls arrived at the door, one with some fab Prima ribbons, the glitter paper pad from DCWV and variousl other bits of yumminess and the other with 3 gorgeous BG paper pads and a Crop A Dile, some ribbon, plus some more basic bits like cut n dry foam.

After the first parcel had arrived I thought I'd have to wait another day for the other stuff but there I was, chopping carrots to make some soup when the doorbell rang and there was the lovely Lorraine from Scrap Revolution standing at the door, parcel in hand - now beat that for service! Thanks Lorraine.

Little Extra
This week's Little Extra challenge from the Daring Cardmakers is to make a card featuring that hot item of the moment, a big, juicy monogram.

This is my first effort and it's not great I know! It's for one of my cousins who is a computerbod. I found this background in one of my graphics packages and thought it had potential. The "computer" font was the obvious choice, but after that it all went a bit askew and I couldn't figure out what to do next. Ah well, unless I have a better idea, it'll do!

A-maze-ing!

Terrie on Scrapstars gave a link to a demo on how to make these cute little "maze" books - so called because of the way you make a few creases, 3 cuts then fold it all up to make the pages. Very clever. I couldn't resist having a go and this is what I made - I've left space on the cover for a title - when I think of one!
I'm not sure what to put in it. What I'd really like is to get together with my crafty friends to do something similar to a swap Gillian did on one of the Aussie forums (check her blog for more info). It goes like this; all those involved choose a theme/subject/etc (a bit like a circle journal), then each member makes one set sized square for each person's theme (I think Gill's group did 1 1/2 inch squares). At the end of the project all the squares are sent to the right people - they would look fantastic in a frame, or on a canvas - or maybe in a little book....
For this book the squares would be 6cms and I'd probably choose a colour theme for mine of chocolate and pastel shade of the crafter's choice.
Anyone want to have a go?

3 comments:

Gillian said...

Oh you clever girl..you've done a maze book... and it's gorgeous Kathy!!!!.. just love it!..
Love your monogram card.. and I bet it will be rec'd with astonishment.
we used 'collections' (chipboard) tiles Kathy, yes they were 11/2"
& I can't wait to get mine back :o)

Pearl said...

Sooo excited for you abt your new stash Kathy ! Yums DCWV glitter CS too ! hey hey cant wait to see what you get up to with them ! Love that maze book idea !Will check out the instructions - any chance you can post a link ? Love any mini handmade album idea for that matter ! lol - I have loads of pics frm Chinese New Year & have discovered the wonders of printing with the Canon Selphy altho' I cant say the colour is great ! but you get the little sizes - credit card size etc effortlessly - finally tried out a multiple photo layout with the various photos sizes ! & can't wait to try out some new Urban lily mini book cuts !

smiles , Pearl

Sari K. said...

Thanks for maze-book inspiration! I'll try this very soon... your's is so cute and my favourite colours. I'm going to do one right now.