Friday, November 16, 2007

You know what Friday means!
It's Keryn's turn this week to set the challenge for The Daring Cardmakers, here's what she said:
"Going back over my cards I seem to have a liking for gold as an accent colour. So this week I'd like you to make a card for any season or occasion but must include gold somewhere. It could be a brad, metallic card, heat embossing, ribbon, anything at all as long as it's gold.
When you've finished with your gorgeous creations leave us a comment with a link to your blog and we'll come and see. You can also take part even if you don't have a blog by emailing a photo or scan to daringcardmakers@hotmail.co.uk and we'll add it to our gallery. The design team, as always have a fantastic array of cards to get the inspiration flowing...."
After a little break from the Guest Designer spot while we celebrated our first anniversary and had our fabulous Ribbon Oasis Spomsored Dare, we're back to putting a fabby cardmaker in the spotlight and we're really lucky and just a little bit excited to have the wonderfully talented and downright clever Louly on board for a couple of weeks, her work is always inspirational and exciting so please grab a coffee and pop over to her blog for a cardmaking treat.

Enough of the waffle, here's my card for this challenge.
At first I thought I'd make an all gold card, but then I realised I could use this one to make a commissioned card that I needed to send off along with the emigration card shown on my previous posting, so in the end I took Keryn at her word and went down the Accents of Gold route for this one.
I used a couple of papers from the BG Figgy Pudding 6x6 pad, the letters and words came from a huge bagful of all sorts of letters and words etc in a RAK from the very generous Caroline of Bubbly Funk fame - all I can say is, she must have had zillions of the things if she was able to give away that amount to everyone! Oooooh and talking BF, the new kit is expected to arrive today - it looks wonderful, I can't wait for Nice Mr Postman to arrive! Actually, said Nice Mr Postman brought a rather delish boxful of stash yesterday - I'll take a piccy later....

Back to the card.
Did you notice the little bit of gold corrugated card I sneaked in there? I found it while looking for some to use on Jo's dare last week and as it was still lying around on my desk it would have been rude not to use it eh?
I hand cut the little heart, covered it with the spotty stuff, Kryoned it then sanded the edges for a slightly distressed look.
Other gold highlights are the teeny weeny gold brads and the gold mirror card I backed the little words with.
Sorry the gold doesn't show up too well, but I can't do another photo because it's already with the customer, and (phew!) she likes both the cards, and ordered some more too.

I've got Lisa's birthday pressie to show - I gave a sneak peek of the front the other day, but I'll save that for over the weekend, I think

21 comments:

Pearl said...

Havent been blog visiting anywhere in a while ! Always good to come by & see what you've been up to ! lol

Anonymous said...

This is a really wonderful Card. Love the paper and details.

Rhi said...

This is stunning Kathy, love all the little touches of gold, they really finish it off beautifully.

Hazel said...

Love the figgy pudding papers - this is a very special card, Kathy - I love it.

asia wu said...

Wow, fab card :) I love all the patterns, colours and diffenret ways to present words.

Andrea, said...

Fab card, love the papers

Angelnorth said...

Fabby - love the fact that the gold is not too 'in your face'. I'm not surprised the customer liked it!

Unknown said...

Really beautiful card. Lol x

My Paper World said...

Beautiful card, I love your cute heart embellishmnet!

Anonymous said...

lovely card:)

Clare said...

Great card, the papers are lovely and I really like all the different elements on it.

Louly said...

Kathy I adore this card, your work always inspires me. Thank you for your lovely kind words on my blog, your blog and on DCM, it really gave me a boost. You really are a lovely lady. And thank you for asking me to be GD i'm really honoured.

Keryn Campbell said...

Gorgeous card Kathy. Absolutely perfect for the occassion.

Anonymous said...

WOnderful card !!! I love all the words. Great colors on this card. The heart is too cute. Great job Kathy ! :)

Susie Little said...

The papers you have used are gorgeous the card is wonderful. thank you your kind comments on my cards!

Susie xx

Deb said...

This is an amazing card Kathy, I absolutely love it. Fabby BG papers and you used them so well, love the dinky heart too!

SueH said...

Those are scummy papers Kathy; I don’t think I’ve seen those ones before.

Beautiful card……as always!

Anonymous said...

So glad you could make good use of those letters and words Kathy - its a gorgeous card!

Dawn Wheeler said...

Beautiful card Kathy ,love it ,realy Gorgeous,Dawnx

Samm said...

Very beautiful! love it!

Samm
x

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous Kathy! :)
Vanessa.