Friday, March 21, 2008

Its all in the Game

This week saw Sue setting her first Daring Cardmakers Challenge with this one:

"It’s all in the Game"
Tiddlywinks, playing cards, dominos, jigsaw pieces…….the list goes
on and I’m sure that most of us have a drawer somewhere that has the
odd one or two of these lying around in.
Well now’s your chance to use them
because I dare you to make a card using some of those pieces.
Oh and no, you don’t need to throw a double six to start playing.
I was a bit stumped until I had a good rummage through the drawers that house all those "tha'll come in handy one day" treasures and found a blank jigsaw from an old SA Kit and some mini playing cards from a Christmas Cracker! I cut up some of the tiny playing cards and used them to cover one of the jigsaw pieces "serendipity" style. Over that I added a layer of Glossy Accents and threw on a couple of heart shaped confetti pieces, a bit of glitter and a few little beads. I found the background design on one of my graphics computer packages. I altered the colours slightly and printed it out on glossy paper (having first had a very big arguement with the printer which only wanted to print gobbledygook to begin with), then inked up the edges a bit. The eyelets and ribbon came from my stash and the greeting bit was computer generated and mounted on some lovely paper from the HoTP "Classic" cardmakers pad.

Don't forget to check out what the others have done on the Daring cardmakers Blog - and how about playing along with us and seeing what you can do with some dominoes, playing cards and other games pieces?

4 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Very stylish - love the red/black/white at that checkerboard ribbon is great!

Em said...

Great idea Kathy, well done!

Cardmaking Galore said...

Absolutely Stunning. I love the way the jigsaw is decorated. Great layout too.

The Sticky fixers ! said...

love the card Kathy - you always make super original cards.

maddy x