Friday, May 16, 2008

Animalia

Seems like our lovely couple of weeks of gorgeous warm, warm sunshine is over and its a return to wet and chilly. Joggers and sweatshirts have come back out of the wardrobe - I'm just hoping that wasn't the whole summer! Friday is Daring Cardmakers Day and this week Mel has set a fun dare for us all
I've based my dare on the book by Graeme Base called 'Animalia' (just because that book happened to be sitting near my desk when I realised it was my turn for the dare this week).
So, all you have to do is create a card featuring an animal.
I was a bit stuck for an idea and for a while I thought I might even have to actually use those Cuttlebug animal dies that I've had sitting, unused in the box for ooooh must be a year now! Also in the dies box I found that QK cute little lamb die (the one Em hates.....) and then I noticed the QK little doggie one, also never yet used to make a card and I had a lightbulb moment!
Well, the doggie die still hasn't been used but here's the card it inspired me to make I based the card on my handbag, so here are both the real and the card version posng together! It's a pretty simple design, I used two shades of pearlised card, some eyelets and some gel pens to make the bag. I just drew a mini version of the original doggie, then used a tiny silver brad for the eye, and ribbon and a split-ring from my beading stuff to make his collar and lead. There are all sorts of animals featured on the Design Team cards this week and I can't wait to see which, and how many different animals the darers manage to get onto their cards this time. Pop over and visit the DCM and take a look, and hopefully you'll be inspired to have a go your self too

17 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Very clever! A few of the Bubblies will be drooling over this one, no doubt!

tracy said...

very nice kathy :) you just need to do a purse/wallet to match!!!!

Janice said...

OMG - yes, I am drooling! This is soooo fab - you are a very clever girl Kathy.

Karen said...

Lovely fun card!!! Seeing as your bag looks so clean and unused can I have it???? X

Kazzy said...

Fab card idea Kathy...love it!

Nice handbag too!

Crafting Queen said...

Fab card, the idea is great.

Lythan said...

this is such a wonderful card. (and I think that bag would look better at my house to be honest)

Dolly Mixtures said...

Inspired idea. LOVE the card and your bag...I've admired these for ages but nobody is taking the hine. The pearlised papers work just fabulous. Angela

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Kathy! I'll have to keep a note of it for the future, as my mam is a Radley bag lover and she has a little westie dog!! She'd love a card like that! I may copy it in the future if you don't mind!!! Ahem - I mean take inspiration! (promise!)

Vanessa.

Em said...

When I started reading your blog Kathy I was bracing myself for that bloody awful sheep lol!!!!

SO VERY glad to see it did not make an appearance!!!! This is fab Kathy - am V jealous of that bag though....

Anonymous said...

Fab card Kathy....x
The Radley bags are gorgeous, but I particularly like the little leather doggie that hangs off them!

Unknown said...

Why oh why did you tease me with that bag Kathy? I want one of those now to add to my collection (btw - I did get another one yesterday!!! ;-) )

Great card too, fab match. Tell you what, you keep the card and send me the bag.... LOL

x

Unknown said...

What a wonderful bag Kathy - I would show it off too if it were mine! An absolute inspiration to make your card version - very original and really fabby :) LOL Lynn x

SueH said...

Truly inspired Kathy.

I love your little dog but did you have to remind my that I 'NEED' one of those bags!

Paula said...

Mmm Radley....

Glad to see your blog is still orange, not been on blogger for a while - hello!

A Year Of Quotes said...

Beautiful design of handbag. Great job!

Jozza said...

Ooh someone else with a fetish for Radley! I love this idea and as my 6yr old daughter keeps asking me to buy her a Radley bag I think I will make her one! Much cheaper lol