Saturday, July 12, 2008

Kit Designs for Bubbly Funk (1)

Time to share the things I made for the June Kit from Bubbly Funk.
This kit contained "Pocketful of Rosies" papers and stickers from Sassafrass Lass plus more paper from Adornit and card from Bazzill. There were chipboard flowers, fabric flowers, a little Owl stamp, a Brilliance Dewdrop ink pad and many many other bits and bobs to embellish our projects with.
Caroline always lets Di and I go where the muse takes us with the basic kits she sends to us, then if we use extra "stuff" from our own stash she tries to include at least some of those things into the kits that actually go on sale to her eager customers. This is fab because the kits that finally go on sale will have input from all three of us so there's a huge variety of ideas and styles catered for.
Usually I find it takes me a while to "get into" each new box of goodies, this time I liked some of the papers more than others and found some easier to use than others too - I especially loved the one with clouds and little owls on it, as you'll probably notice!
My first thought was that all the little owls and the clouds etc really leant themselves to cards for just keeping in touch - so the first card I came up with was this one:


My next idea came from seeing all the different sized owls, and the pretty colours which seemed perfect for a new baby card As you'll know if you follow this blog I do have a bit of a thing about scallops and circles......
I made the chipboard pram using a circle with a cut out segment, the handle is just freehand cut and I used Cuttlebug flowers for the decoration
Please come back again soon - I've another card, and an acetate album still to show for this kit....

Thanks for looking

3 comments:

Kathy said...

oh wow I love both cards!

Angelnorth said...

Especially like the baby card Kathy, the doodling and wording round the edge are fab finishing touches!

Yvonne Randall said...

Hi Kathy. You have some very beautiful work here but have you thought about putting in the tags as this will let your readers find the projects more easily. e.g. ribbon, cupcakes, bubbly funk, etc?