Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Bubbly Funk "Hugs & Kisses" part 2

When I found this little tag book among the fab stash in my designer's box of goodies for the July Bubbly Funk kit I knew straight away what I was going to do - and that doesn't happen very often!
I really enjoyed making this. I love making things that you can let yourself go with the flow and minibooks are great for that, while you're working on one page ideas for others seem to jump into your head.
In a BF kit you don't just get paper, card, ribbon, blooms and brads - Caroline always manages to find those little extras that make the kits fun - this to prove my point I'll put a list of what you got for £20 if you bought the July kit at the end of this post!

I made the front cover from felt, with most of the embellishing done before it was glued to the chipboard so that any messy or sharp bits were hidden away. I stitched the title "On Birthdays" - it's supposed to look "homespun" and a bit random! I cut felt flowers using the Cbug and hand cut a little bird - because at some point I decided to add a little birdie to all the pages in the book.
Most of the pages of the book are just my favourite birthday quotes printed out and embellished, but there's also this one which has a little pocket containing lots of really, really bad jokes about birthdays. I discovered whilehunting for funnies that for some reason there are very few GOOD birthday jokes.


































I absolutely love this "Hugs and Kisses" collection from Dream Street Papers. The colours and designs are so fresh and fun - I've hardly got anything left now so I think this is another collection I'll be having to buy more of.
If anyone from Dream Street happens upon this, can I make a plea? I would love it if there were 6x6 or 8x8 versions of your papers too.....


here's that list of the goodies in the July kit
Paper & Card
12x12 Bazzill Cardstock x 4 - pink, blue, white, green
12x12 paper x 1 each of: - Dream Street Hugs 'n' Kisses:Care Package, Airmail, Sweetheart, Hugs, Love Lines, Postmark
Adornit - Dainty Scallop
Karen Foster - Lined Paper

Embellishments
Stamp due-cuts x 2
White tags x 4
Brads - large x 5, small pink x 5
Buttons - pink x 10, blue x 10, green x 10
Sequins
Seed Beads
Ribbon x 3 lengths

Other Stuff
Glitter Pot
Pegs x 2
CherryArte Rub-ons - Princess Alpha
Shrink Plastic - x2 sheets (pink, blue or white)
Felt - blue, pink and green
Net - White and blue
Prima Flowers negative sheet - pink

Chipboard
Maya Road Tag Book
Large Letters - XOX
Small Letters - xox
Tipsy Hearts x 3

Mountboard

14 comments:

Lythan said...

this is absolutely beautiful Kathy - I really really love the way you have put this together. I know the fab papers help but your talent really shows them off!

Anonymous said...

Love the way you put things together - and I know I keep saying it but I love your use of colour.

carolann said...

Wow thiis is absolutely stunning work hun well done xxxx

Angelnorth said...

What a fun and cheery-looking little book Kathy, looks like you had lots of fun putting that together!

Beth said...

I just love that book Kathy, it's full of character and happiness. XX

Creative Treasures said...

That book is so scrummy, i just love those colours

Tracy
x

Esther said...

Can't rsist looking at those gorgeous colour combinations and the tactile textures- fantastic work Kathy!

Oblibby said...

Gorgeous Kathy. I'm 2/3 of the way through my first ever tag book and it's now where near as pretty as yours.

tracy said...

thats really nice,like the bright bold colours :)

Kim Costello said...

Stunning and so colourful and bright love it! Kim x

Jozza said...

Absolutely stunning Kathy. I love all the little details. Makes me wanna spend spend spend hehe

jakey said...

wowzers!!! look at that colour! makes me wanna swoon :-) Love your blog, so much going on!

Juliet said...

I have this kit Kathy - you have really inspired me to use it. Not that I didn't like it, just been busy with other things. Thanks for the inspiration (again!!).
Love Juliet xx

Cuchy said...

Brilliant mini album. so beautiful. M.Carmen