Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Crafty Templates 3 & More

Firstly, here's another card using the August Template set from Crafty Templates. If you would like to know more about Leo's templates and Goodies Kit, click here

This one's a Christmas card - crikey, that must be at least three C cards I've made already....
I still used the Prima papers from the Goodies Kit though, I think they work quite well for rather funky Christmas trees.
I couldn't bear to actually use the chipboard swirl that came in the kit, so instead I used it as a template to draw the gold swirly lines in the corner of the card. Sbeaky, eh?
There's something new on the Crafty Templates blog - if you like taking part in challenges - and would like the chance of winning some stash, check out the blog here

Next is the second of the cards commissioned by my aunt's best friend for my aunt's & uncle's birthdays. I've used Sue's sketch from JB forum again. This wasn't the card I planned though because it just wouldn't come together when I tried it with the BG Two Scoops papers I wanted to use. So after rummaging through my papers and rejecting pretty much all of them, I came accoss the Cosmo Cricket Honey Pie pad and managed to make this:

So what happened to the first effort?
Well, normally it would have gone into the reject pile, but I've heard so many people say they just stick at a card or LO until they finish it that I decided to give it a go and see if I could make something of it after all.

I changed the paper I'd used for the top and bottom borders, and made the lower one bigger at the same time. Now the balance was better and so were the colours. I cut the centre strip down to make a tag and added a rub-on greeting but was still a bit stuck for an embellishment. In the end I fell back on good old Prima flowers but for a change I used two sizes of the same colour, I was looking for the right button to do the usual button and ribbon thing when these pins caught my eye.
I know that pins are quite trendy at the moment, but I'd rather unsure about using them - they don't seem the "safest" bit of kit to send through the post, do they? Anyway, I've added a few beads to the end of this one and superglued them on, with a biggish one at the pointy end to cover the sharp bit. Still not convinced about the card, but I'm quite chuffed that I actually sat there and finished it instead of hiding it in a box with the rest of the rejects!

Thanks for looking,

7 comments:

Lorraine Robertson said...

Fab cards & especially love the simplistic clean look of the crimbo one.

Lorraine xxx

Beth said...

I love the Xmas card Kathy. Really trendy indeed. As always, your cards are bootiful. XX

Janice said...

pretty darn good for a reject :o Lovely cards Kathy.

Angelnorth said...

Great save! I glue beads on my pin ends, too :o) These both look fab and I actually really like the second one, I'd never have known it was originally destined for the reject pile!

carolann said...

Brilliant cards hun love the colours you have used WTG hun xxx

Juliet said...

Aw, they're all gorgeous Kathy, as per usual. Love the CC papers!
xx

carolann said...

Wow stunning work welldone hun xxx