Friday, August 29, 2008

It's in the Pipeline

It's Jane's turn this week to set the dare for Daring Cardmakers everywhere and she wants us to use pipe cleaners on our cards:
Any shape, colour or form - put them on a card! I know it can be difficult to incorporate Pipe Cleaners on cards (sticking them down is one obstacle!) but they can be put to lots of interesting uses too! So go on - it wouldn't be a challenge if it was easy would it?
Craft time has been nil this week, I only had yesterday to come up with something for a rather tricky dare!
Mine is a simple idea, it came from pencil toppers I used to make for my mum to sell at fundraising events, which were pipe-cleaner "snakes" with googly eyes and felt tongues stuck on their heads, these snakes were twisted around a pencil and they sold quite well. I still had some of these "bumpy" pipe-cleaners lurking in one of my craft boxes so dug them out to make this card. I hand cut the letters in what are are supposed to look like more snakes and added more googly eyes and red fibre tongues.

Papers are BG Archaic - that's twice I've used them now! wow.

If you think pipe-cleaners don't give much scope for cardmaking - just pop over to the Daring Cardmakers blog and see all the ways the Team have used them - you'll be hunting out those twirly, furry little sticks in no time - come on, have a go, it's a great challenge!

13 comments:

Rika said...

This is great, love your card Kathy.

Angelnorth said...

Fun card Kathy, any six year old is going to love all those googly eyes!

Karen said...

Gorgeous fun card!!! hahahahahaha X

Cuchy said...

How funny. Brilliant idea for the challenge. Thanks. M.Carmen

tracy said...

he's very sweet kathy,lovely card :)

Anonymous said...

I think this is a brilliant card anyone would be happy to receive it. Hint hint. LOL


Traceyr :) x

Oblibby said...

Love the orange snake, Kathy. He goes great with those Archaic papers, which I absolutely love (but haven't had a chance to use yet!).

Hope you're doing well

Lisa xoxo

MireiaKDS said...

ohh!
I love your blog and your cards!

congrats!

kisses
Mireia

carolann said...

Absolutely fantastic card hun well done xxxx

jakey said...

Love the snakey card... :-)

I missed last week's challenge but managed this one. Really enjoying playing along.

jk x

Ginny said...

he's cute...found some pipecleaners like this in my daughters stash..lol

Anonymous said...

Oh Kathy this is fabulous it really brought a smile to my face, absolutely love it.

Carole xx

martita said...

it's so funky! great idea with the snake :D