Monday, August 18, 2008

Bubbly Funk "Hugs & Kisses" part 1

Ohhh, first of all and before I forget - thank you so much to everyone who left a comment on my last message - the card-in-a-bag made for Sue's "All Wrapped Up" DCM challenge -it was lovely to read them and to know that you liked the card. When I receive comments about my work it's such a boost to the old confidence. If you're anything like me, you're not always sure that what you're making is up to much - it's a relief when you hear that people actually do like the things you make, isn't it?

Now that the August Kit from Bubbly Funk is safely in the hands of the lucky subscribers (and I'm pretty sure they are still ooohing and ahhing over the beautiful things they've found in their boxes) I can start sharing the things I made for the July kit.

Caroline, Di and I have about a month ahead of release date to play with the kits, add our extras to them and get our projects ready to go on the wonderful Bubbly Scruptious emag - which is available only to those who buy the kits and is gradually filling up with ideas, challenges, competitions and all sorts of usefuland fun stuff.
I've already got the next two kits here on my sticky mitts and it seems like ages since I was playing with all the fab, fun and funky papers in the Dream Street Papers "Hugs and Kisses" collection.
This BF kit was even featured on the Dream Street Blog, which was very cool indeed!
My first card was a flowery one - well you've got to have flowers, haven't you? The flowers are all made with different sizes of circles. I love my Craft Robo for all sorts of die-cutting, but for getting circles of exactly the sizes you want it really excels! I've finished each flower off in a different way, and added stems of felt or ricrac. I made the Greetng piece in Paint Shop Pro, I'm sooo NOT a techie person that I can hardly believe I made this - shame I can't remember how, isn't it? hehehe.
The pretty scalloped edge is an Adornit paper which also came in the July Kit

There were a couple of pieces of shrink plastic in the July kit and I used some of it to make the birdie and the little birdhouse. The message bing carried by the bird is from one of those cute little Studio G Clear Stamps set. The bird's wing is cut from velvet paper.
It's just a pity that I didn't notice that I'd stuck the paper circle on at the wrong angle till after I'd finished it - so the little hearts all point in the wrong direction. hmmm you can't win 'em all. I'm going to have to think of something to disguise the mistake!

I've got more things to show but I'm going to save them for another day.
Loads to do this week, commissioned cards to do plus plenty of new kit stuff to get on with.
Thanks for dropping by, please come again soon

10 comments:

Di said...

I hadn't noticed the hearts were facing sideways! Fabulous cards as always Kathy.

tracy said...

very nice kathy,as always,but we wouldn't expect anything else from you :) your work is really lovely :)

Kathy said...

fantastic cards, love the colours!

carolann said...

These cards are absolutely stunning well done hun xxx

Angelnorth said...

It's obvious Kathy - the little bird is following his heart and his heart is pointing to the left ;o) These are fab, I especially like the birdie one and the way he's carrying that tag - great stuff!

Janice said...

I like the little shrinky things, Kathy, I looked at the shrink plastic and didn't know what to do with it, must remember what you did and see if I can find some stamps that are suitable.

The flowery card is lovely too, you are an excellent advert for the Robo hee hee.

Anonymous said...

wow I love your style and use of colour - and these cards dont disappoint! I wouldnt have noticed about the paper if you hadnt have said...I actually dont think it matters :o)

Wendy said...

Wow both are stunning cards and I love the colours you have used.

Wendy x

Esther said...

ooo pink and turquise, I like wearing those colours, never thought to put them on a card though! You have inspired me (again!)

Sue said...

Kathy, this is so pretty, i love the colours and its inspired me because i had a bit of crafters block!!!