Tuesday, October 28, 2008

It's coming, you know!

Christmas, that is.

I really don't want to get caught out this year and still be making Christmas cards right up to the last minute - all that does is make me really cheesed off with the whole thing and I stop enjoying my Christmas crafting. So this year I'm trying really hard to get my cards ready a bit earlier. So far I've made about 30 so not a huge total, but probably loads more than I'd done at this time last year.
I did some classes for the Bubbly Funk Forum's cyber crop recently and that gave me a good prod into getting started on some designs. I've stuck pretty much to that design, using blocks of patterned paper to fill the white space and then adding trees. baubles etc as accents.

Having almost cleared the "to do" list I've had some time over the last few days to make some more - the arrival of the BG Wassail papers into my sticky mitts also encouraged me to get going on the Christmas card campaign.
Here are some of the cards I've made with these fabby papers. The scalloped rectangles are cut with a new Craft Robo template. I've made some scalloped shapes before, but the scallops were quite a bit bigger on those. This time I've made rectangle, square and circle shapes with teeny weeny scalloped edges, I think they're just a litle bit different and make a change from the straight cut shapes I usually use.
The small trees on the righthand card are cut from the Wassail papers which is covered with triangles of all the other designs - perfect for sticking on cereal-packet-chipboard and cutting out to make mini trees!
The other trees are cut with the Cuttlebug cut and emboss die
For the cards below I've used the Craft Robo template I mentioned yesterday.
I enjoyed spending some time at the weekend making this new template. I cut the basic bauble and bow shape as one piece, then cut the parts of the bow seperately to stick on top and add a little bit of dimension to the finished bauble. I made three different decorations to add to the front of the bauble - that way I don't get bored making the same thing every time!
I'll show the ones I've made using other papers next time.

I'm quite pleased with these so I hope you like them too. Let me know what you think, I love to read your comments - let's me know I'm not just talking to myself for a start!

I have to make a baby's 1st birthday card today, so I should stop procrastinating and get on with it, shouldn't I? lol

ok, I'm going.....

17 comments:

Karen said...

hee hee do you talk to yourself then?? These are really lovely cards Kathy and great designs for batch making! X

Gez Butterworth said...

Great cards Kathy. The colours are fantastic. I just love the new paper. x

Unknown said...

Those cards are LUBBERLY Kathy! Spesh like your baubles!

xx

Anonymous said...

Kathy these are inspiring. Is the tree that is just branches using the cuttlebug die - please don't tell me you sat and cut it by hand! LOL

Traceyr :)

Anice said...

Oh you are shaming me Kathy..I haven't made one Christmas card yet (except for demo purposes not a real card for sending)These are fabby. I have to get started as I have rather a large amount of work to do demo wise and I will never get them finished. Oh can you image the shame of buying some cards?!
Anice xx

Kristen H said...

Cute cards.. I have been playing with these Basic Grey Papers myself. They are wonderful.

Juliet said...

Very stylish Kathy and I like the scallops too. The baubles are gorgeous, clever you!
Juliet xx

Sarah said...

Gorgeous cards Kathy, you are a clever bunny with that robo of yours. They are really classy looking. The new papers look delish.

Kaz said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous Kathy!

Canne said...

I've got these papers too, really must get round to making xmas cards, yours as always are lovely!

SueH said...

What wonderful cards Kathy.

I think that Lythan and I are going to have to visit again for a Robo lesson.....I not found out how to design a single thing on mine (hangs her head in shame)

Angelnorth said...

These looks great Kathy and probably just about on the right side of time-consuming for mass production (although only just, I reckon!)

Hazel said...

Fab cards (thought I'd already visited this morning and left a comment, but must have been half asleep then) - love those papers (trying to resist, but need to get some soon)

Karen Mortensen said...

You wanna know what I think? I think they are blimming fantastic!! Love them all!

Jackie said...

Can I come for the demo too please? :) I'm pleased I'm not the only one who can't use the Robo!!

The cards are gorgeous Kathy. :)

(PS..not too sure what to make of your word verification.....it says flabtech. Me thinks someones been peeping LOL)

Unknown said...

Fantastic cards, and love those papers, might have to buy some and just stroke them, as I already have loads of papers.
Elaine x

Anonymous said...

GREAT set of cards Kathy !! Love the clean look.