Monday, October 27, 2008

Waffling Weekend, Blog Candy pics

For the first time in ages we had a a quiet, nothing-planned weekend. It was bliss. I do love the going-away ones, and the visitors-here ones, but recently they've all come together - add in a few visits from the builder and plumber who like to start at 8.30 on a Saturday morning and I've been missing my weekend long-lie-ins for what seems ages.

I pretty much caught up with the crafty deadlines last week, so that feels good too! I've got a few things to get on with this week though, but it's nice to feel rather more in control that I've done recently. I've even spent some time getting on with making our own Christmas cards. I've not done the photos yet so I'll post some pics when I have - I've been using that lovely BG Wassail that arrived last week, plus some from the Fancy Pants Happy Holidays paper pad - which is a nice mix of funky papers and more grungy ones.
I spent a bit of time on Saturday making a new Craft Robo template and some of the cards use that.

There are a few things I've done recently that I've not shown on here yet - I've not been a verygood blogger recently....
I thought I'd show the little folding album I made for Juliet when she won my Birthday Blog Candy draw. It's made from 3 squares of card, which are folded and stuck together in such a way that it all folds up into a smaller square and is then tied up with a ribbon to keep it froms springing open.

There's room for Juliet to add small photographs and some journalling, and I hope she'll let us see what it looks like when she's completed it.

Papers are Fancy Pants "Aged Florals"

12 comments:

lisa said...

Wow is all that comes to mind right now...wow...wow..wow.
How long did that take to make????!!
lis xx

Karen said...

The little album is gorgeous Kathy....beautiful autumnal colours...Julliette will love it X

Juliet said...

I certainly will show Kathy, but don't hold your breath. In our family everyone else gets in the photos except me LOL! The book has pride of place with the lovely card in my living room at the moment for everyone to see.
Juliet xx

Melissa said...

That is just gorgeous !!

Angelnorth said...

Beautiful Kathy, love all the little details and the way it folds out looks fab!

Kaz said...

That's so pretty Kathy.

nerllybird said...

Gosh, that's fabulous. Is there somewhere I could get a template for that??

Hazel said...

Thoroughly gorgeous

Janice said...

This is sooo yummy. Lucky Juliet.

tracy said...

very nice,loving the colours :)

Leigh said...

stunning as always Kathy.

Gez Butterworth said...

It's beautiful Kathy. The colours are fab. I love the 'J' on the front.
Glad you like the new BG papers. x