Friday, November 21, 2008

Chaos and Cappuccino

It's all been a bit choatic around here this morning. We've had the guys in to set us up with new phone/Broadband/cable TV and in the way of these things the study is now awash with cables and wires and piles of stuff that had to be moved to give access to the walls.

I've only just warmed up again as they had the front door wide open all the time, and I woke up with a headache which wasn't helped by drilling through the walls! I shall stop moaning now though.
The main reason we've had to go down this route is the rubbish TV reception we get here, even with a digi box and boosters sometimes it was unwatchable, so we're now cabled.
I wonder how long it will be till the computers and associated bits and bobs are working, and the bookcases and general "stuff" is all tidied away again

This week sees the wonderfully talented Vanessa setting her first DCM dare:
Good morning everyone, my name is Vanessa, aka Ellepiggo, I've been cardmaking for several years now and I'm delighted to be part of the Daring Cardmakers team. This is my first time at setting the dare and as we're on "firsts" I thought about the first thing that springs to my mind every morning - Coffee!! LOL!


Yes, I'm a bit of a cappuccino/latte macchiato girl, so I want to see lots of cards inspired by coffee!! Coffee colours, cup shaped cards, card inspired by a coffee jar label, using coffee beans on your card, coffee shop logos on your cards etc etc.....

I'm a cappuccino girl too - what I hate, and I've probably mentioned this before - is asking for a cappuccino and getting a yucky cup of hot milk that once saw a photo of a coffee bean but that's as close at it ever got. Fortunately the coffee shop in town is Italian owned and they make them properly!
My own cappuccino machine is on it's way out - it keeps hurling boiling water down the steam nozzle - which doesn't actually work well for frothing milk. Good timing really as now I actually have something to put on my Christmas wish list!

Anyhoooo.
I know I said I wasn't going to make my own shaped cards any more after the pram shaped one I made for the "wheels" dare a few months ago, but I couldn't resist having another try when I saw Vanessa's dare.
I think the dotty paper is by Doodlebug, the brown saucer is Bazzell with a scalloped edging just made from a strip of card - I drew round a small punched circle to get the scalloped shape this time. I used a couple of different cream and white inkpads for the froth, and a few dabs of various brown chalk inks for the chocolate sprinkles.

Why not join us for a coffee break right now - make yourself your fave coffee tipple, head over to the DCM blog and spend a few minutes relaxing and seeing what the team have made this week

12 comments:

Lythan said...

The shaped card is a brilliant idea Kathy and I just love the "papercrafts" style of photography. Hope your head is better soon

Unknown said...

This card is great Kathy.... but just how much squirty cream have you used?! Not good for the waistline you know!! HAHA xx

Gez Butterworth said...

Fab fun card Kathy, yum yum.

Hope you get your wires sorted soon. Think you deserve a meal out tonight & not having to make it.

Wishing you a lovely weekend. xx

Karen said...

Brilliant card hon XXX

Kristen H said...

Cute card, Kathy! I love the cream has cinnimon on it. Clever!

Have a most excellent weekend.xxx

Angelnorth said...

Fab card! I'm trying to figure out where the 'hinge' is though - along the top of the cup and the froth sticks up over it?

Nowalinka said...

Yummy card :)
Świetna jest :)

Marlou McAlees said...

Kathy your card is fabulous!!!! amazing work :)

Beth said...

That's a fabulous creation Kathy, very clever, almost want to lick off the froth, lol. XX

Hazel said...

Very clever card, Kathy

Powerful Search Engine said...

I want to drink this Kathy, Very creative and I love your display. Pascale :)

Maria Matter said...

Oh, I just love this!!! What a clever idea...looks good enough to sip! Excellent!
Blessings, Maria