Wednesday, November 05, 2008

More Sunshine

A bit of damp and dull morning here - I hope it dries up in time for all the bonfires and fireworks later. I love watching fireworks, though we're not heading out to see any this Nov 5th - must remember to be more organised next year.
When I was little we'd always wrap up in coats, scarves, hats and gloves and go out into the garden to watch as my dad set off the fireworks.
My brother and I always had sparklers to twiddle about in front of us - I still love sparklers, and ooooh and ahhh at all the pretty lights and patterns all the fireworks make! I hope I never grow so grumpy that I lose the simple wonder and joy of watching fireworks light the sky!


Enough of the waffle!


Here's another project I made using the lovely September Bubbly Funk kit featuring those vibrant Cosmo Cricket "Hello Sunshine" papers.
Although I panicked a bit when I opened my designer's kit and saw them (they are soooo not the sort of designs I generally gravitate to!) once I started working with the papers I found they seemed to suggest projects all by themselves. I liked using them so much that I went and bought the 8x8 pad too! having the same designs but in smaller size added another dimension, plus there were a few sheets with quotes, border designs and other wordy bits and bobs. This project never did make it onto the Bubbly Scrumptious e-mag (you get free access to this wonderful resource when you buy that month's kit) - I was just too slow in getting it finished. ooops, naughty me.In the kit were little journalling cards and when I saw them I thought I'd try using them as part of a different sort of Bind-it-All book. So here's what I came up with, a book that has a set of BIA rings on either side and opens in the middle - well, not quite in the middle, but you know what I mean! Each of the larger pages on the left has a journalling card page on the right. There's plenty of room for photos and notes about what they're all about. Obviously you can add as many pages as you like and maybe add extra tags and stuff by tying them onto the wiresI used paper, buttons, chipboard and buttons from the BF kit for this, as well as the journalling cards and Bazzill card. I was chuffed to find quite a few bits in my stash that were perfect for this project - funny how you manage to collect "stuff" then it just sits there in the bottom of a drawer, waiting.... The "FUN" letters and the green flower are from packs of foam shapes that I think came from Poundland once upon an age ago and the wooden beads threaded on the ribbon have been in the box for years!

I really like the idea of this little book - it was an experiment and needs refining, but I think it'll be an idea I use again. I hope you like it. I'm not finished showing all the things I did with this fab kit - it's funny how the this one grew on me - I've ended up with only a few scraps left because I made so many things - tomorrow I'll show the rest of this:

14 comments:

Kristen H said...

I keep looking at these type of books in the craft store. All kinds of ideas come to mind when I see them, but I never pick one up. This is real cute. It would make a nice present too.
Happy Making! xxx

Angelnorth said...

Great fun, bright and cheery Kathy! Love the divided pages with the 'spine' on each side - great stuff!

Di said...

Fab book Kathy, I struggled a bit with the kit, it's so dependant on how the patterns and colours grow on you isn't it but this, and your other things from the kit, are fab.

Anonymous said...

wonderful book Kathy

I may have to have a go at that - neat idea

Unknown said...

Wow! Get my sunnies out on this miserable November day!! The little book project is fab Kathy!

Karen said...

I haven't had a go at this type of opening before but it looks fab! I agree about the kit, although I like it I am not inspired...will just have to keep getting it out and admiring it! X

Hazel said...

I like the way you've done the two sides - very clever.

Janice said...

You are naughty Kathy, first you tempt me to buy a Craft Robo (I haven't yet) then you make such a gorgeous book that I want a bind-it-all when previously I didn't think I did - How do you do it!

Fab book, love the double binding and the bright funky papers.

Sarah said...

What a fantastic little book Kathy, it is just adorable! Just love the fun bright colours.

Gez Butterworth said...

Lovely bright colours you have certainly tamed them & showed them you mean business. Well done.
I definately NEED a BIA now! love the ribbon & the beads look great.

Anonymous said...

Great looking book!

Karen Mortensen said...

Oh it's just fabulous Kathy. Love it!
xxx

Anonymous said...

love your bold and colourful style,dont know anyone else who does it as well!

Jozza said...

This is gorgeous. I just love the colours and also the way that it opens on both sides. x