Thursday, April 16, 2009

Only Words

One of my most favourite songs is "Only Words" by Extreme - its one of those songs that make me go "ahhhh" when I hear it. Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight" does the same and so does "Fix You" by Coldplay.

That little piece of waffle is because the title of the little book I've been making this week was going to be "Only Words" - but after I'd Robo cut the words out I decided against using the "only" - because a) there wasn't really enough room and b) I didn't want anyone to confuse the Extreme song with anything by the Bee Gees (shudder!), perish the thought!
Besides, the contents are nothing to do with songs, lol

Inside this little album are lots of my favourite, most thought-provoking quotations. I had a fab time making this grungey, mucho-distressed little book and its not only my project for today's Bubbly Scrumptious blog, but its also going to be the blog candy for the winner of my Sketch Challenge over on the Sketch File.
If you would like to be in with a chance of winning this book you'll need to be quick as the draw closes tomorrow. More Info
HERE

There are lots of photos and info on how the pages are made on Bubbly Scrumptious today. I loved making this mini-book, - its the sort of project that you can really let rip on and try out different techniques - the pages are quite small so if something doesn't work, it doesn't matter too much of you throw that bit away and start again.
I used lots of the really scrappy little pieces of paper which I'd saved from my other Bella Beauty projects too, so if you've been saving your scraps because the paper is too lovely to throw the little bits away, maybe this book will give you some ideas on how to use those scraps up!

That's all for today - I need to head off and wait for the Inspiration Fairy to give me an idea for tomorrow's DCM card - I hope she comes soon as time is running out lol

Thanks for looking -
btw if you'd like to let me know which "songs make you go ahhhh"
I'd love to hear from you


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, only one word from me: Beautiful!
I don't have a special song but my favourite singer is Enya.
Pat xx

Hazel said...

Beautiful book - your creations never cease to amaze me x

Karen said...

Sharp intake of breath down here in Cornwall Kathy!!! This is a fabulously gorgeous little book and a wonderful blog candy pressie!!! Good luck to everyone XXX

tracy said...

thats beautiful kathy :)

Angelnorth said...

Great job on this Kathy, it' lovely!

CLARE said...

Lovely - will head off the bubbly blog to have a look. Great idea Kathy, I might have a go at this -but for humerous sayings, as I sometimes get asked for funny cards

Beth said...

Stunning book Kathy, you have spent so much time and patience on it. Very inspiring. XX

Carol Plume said...

oh Kathy that is totally gorgeous - thats some serious blog candy. I really love what you did with the April kit...some fab inspiration there....xx

Kaz said...

I love this Kathy, but it's too lovely for you to give away (unless it's to me ha ha)! I need to make a card. Seriously though it really is gorgeous.