Monday, July 27, 2009

Rainy Days and Mondays.....

yuk!
Not only rainy but a Monday too - and boy was it hard work waking up this morning. I think it might be an intravenous coffee day today.
Lots to do but struggling to find the inclination to start on any of it, so writing a bit on the blog seems a good way to put it off for a little while longer,

Is it just me, or is Blogland a very quiet place just now - maybe everyone is on their summer holidays - now is when I'm feeling a bit left out by having already had our "big" holiday back in January/February!
Might just indulge myself and post a little reminder of our Cuban trip, hang on a minute.....

ahhh that's better!

Right, now a bit of a catch up
Last week's Rosie-dee challenge was part of their "Occasions" theme for July, with the subject of "Babies". I made my very first "twinchies" which are of course, 2x2" squares.
I dug out one of my fave QK dies and made these:

Coincidentally, one of OH's cousins was expecting her new baby to arrive about the same time as this challenge was going on - so I got one of those "2 birds with one stone" moments when I made the squares into a new baby card


My last task as their Guest designer was to make a Sympathy card - often the hardest cards of all to make. Usually we only make them when we need to send one, so it was a bit different to make one without that emotional thing going on.

I used one of the papers from Dream Street's Nancy collection for the backing paper, and also a sheet from the DCWV Luxury pad, on which I've used my new Fiskars border punch.
There's some lovely cotton lace from Charmed Cards and Crafts, and some lovely peachy-pink ricrac along the lower edge, which may have come in an old Self-addressed kit. I dug out the box which is stuffed full of wired flowers and lurks, largely unused at the back of a cupboard to find this tiny mulberry rosebud.
The Nesties oval looks a bit unfinished to me, but I'm too scared to add any doodling to it. Actually that's a fib because I did add some to the first version and it looked such a mess that I had to cut another oval to stick on the top!

Well, that's me all out of waffle, so maybe I'll just have to go and do something from the "to-do" list..... If you read this, please leave a message, I'm feeling really lonely here in Blogspace and need to know I'm not the only one around! lol
Thanks for visiting

16 comments:

Gez Butterworth said...

Great makes Kathy & what a treat for us all on a wet, freezing Monday morning to see a fabby photo from your jollies.

Sending BIG ((hugs))...we can be alone together then!lol.

Have a lovely week. Gez.xx

Saskia said...

Beautiful work Kathy!!!

Sweet, sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Karen said...

Awe don't feel lonely sweetie XXXXX

Your work is so lovely and its always a pleasure to visit...HUGS XXX

Kath said...

Lovely cards Kathy. You are not alone...actually I am supposed to be gardening!
Kath

Lythan said...

fab cards Kathy. Those pram twinchies are so sweet and I love the sentiment on the sympathy card - must remember that one!

Kaz said...

They are lovely cards Kathy, and I think the nesties oval is fine as it is in my opinion.

Ruth (ooffee) said...

Wow - gorgeous photo! Wish we were there!!!

I agree - blogland is a bit quiet at the moment ... for my part, my mojo went missing a few weeks ago and I haven't found it yet!

Great makes - love the baby card!
Hugs - Ruth xx

Angelnorth said...

No hols for me just yet! Don't think I'm going to find that kind of beach in Tours, either! The twinchies made up into a fab baby card, looks great! The sympathy card looks very classy, nice job.

Denise Clark said...

Kathy, your twinchies are just adorable! Love them! Amazing how much you did in such a small space!

tracy said...

beatiful work kathy :)

Janice said...

Thanks for the Cuban Beach just what I was needing lol!

Those baby twinchies are just gorgeous, love the pastel shades.

Carol Plume said...

I'm still here!! no jollies for me, yet!! that cuban beach looks like paradise! ohhh sighhhh

Those cards are fab, as always, such a inspiration to visit your blog - and those twinchies are so sweet!

Love the jewellery going around in your slide show too - fab colours xx

Kazzy said...

Love those twinchies! They look gorgeous on that card.

Traceyr said...

Kathy how can you be lonely with 12 comments already? lol

Your baby card is wonderful as is the sympathy card too.

:)

Paula said...

I know what you mean about feeling your big holiday is out the way. I'm still here!!

Jackie said...

That beach pic is just gorgeous and has certainly brightened an otherwise miserable start to the week.

Those Twinchies are sweet, it's the first time I've seen that pram!