Sunday, July 19, 2009

Vintage Postcard

I was meaning to have a go at the Vintage Postcard challenge over on Something Completely Different and finally got round to it yesterday. OK, so the new challenge was already up by then, but I've never said I was a quick crafter, have I?

Anyway, here's my postcard sized vintage effort
I had a happy few hours rummaging my "serendipity/ephemera" drawer (that's my posh term for the "might come in useful junk" drawer).
Supplies: Distress Inks, Cuttlebug s textile empbossing folder, Photo is from the latest Bubbly Funk kit, the flower ribbon stuff is from an old BF kit.
Old sheet music and written bits from the junk drawer, Beads for necklace, Primas, Part of a chipboard swirl left over from something else, Stickles, Glossy Accents, Krylon gold pen, large rhinestone beady thing

I'm going to do the next postcard too - but don't hold your breath!
Thanks for looking

13 comments:

Janice said...

ooh lovely Kathy, looking forward to seeing your next one when it appears lol.

tracy said...

very nice kathy :)

Angelnorth said...

Oooh, that flower ribbon border looks lovely! Great vintage postcard - if you'd made it teal and brown you could have killed two birds with one stone :haha:

Kaz said...

That's lovely Kathy, that photo looks good.
Very good name for your drawer. I might have to call my crap drawer that now!!

Carol Plume said...

what a gorgeous vintage card, and thank you for playing along, even if it was late....

Love that flower xx

Karen said...

Oh Kathy...this is gorgeous!!! XXX

Anonymous said...

a gorgeous piece of work Kathy

Saskia said...

Lovely work Kathy!

Saskia :)

Jo said...

not seen that site before - off to have a mooch! The border looks so pretty, love all the inkiness too :)

Saskia said...

Very beautiful!! So sweet and elegant!

Saskia :)

Dawn said...

Ooh this is beautiful and better late than never!!! LOL
Love it!

thanks for playing!

Dawn

Gez Butterworth said...

You are so good at this vintage stuff. Lovely Kathy.xx

I'm sorry I'm so late in commenting I was so sure I had. doh! :(

Game Over said...

hi!

Absolutely perfect design! No wonder it attratcs so many people to post their comments. I would like to do similar works but unfortunately I always fail before I start due to lack of patience. Nevertheless, drawer-rummaging is always great fun (espacially someone-elses one) ;)

http://dayslongone.blogspot.com