Thursday, September 10, 2009

It's Amazing - part 2

Just a quick blog post before I head off to tackle my "to-do" list. Just when I thought I was on top of it, I remembered some other stuff I hadn't actually noted down - maybe I was just conning myself into thinking I didn't have toooooo much on that there list!


Anyway, Thursday is my day on the Bubbly Scrumptious e-mag (blog for the Bubbly Funk online shop), and I've been filling up the pages in the Christmas maze book I made last week. The September Kit from Bubbly Funk is based around the MME "Colourful Christmas" collection and as always Caroline has worked hard to find all sorts of extra bits and pieces to add into the kit and make it such fun to work/play with.

What with a Bank Holiday last Monday and sorting out the house and guest room ready for MIL's visit at the weekend there's not been as much crafting time available as usual. I've managed to do something on all the pages in the book, but tbh some of them need a little bit more work before they are properly finished. I've not done the back cover or made the tags for the hidden pockets either, so this project will run another week!

As you can see from the photo above, it's already getting quite fat! That's why I always make a good 5cms or so gap between the covers with the ribbon that attaches it all together - the book ends up more of a cube shape in the end!

I love having hidden or extra bits to open within my books and this one is no exception - this photo shows a little book inside the book. I'm not very good at planning what's going inside my books - I usually just have a vague theme in mind (some would say I have a vague mind, actually lol), so my books just sort of grow by themselves! That could be why adding little booklets or fold-outs becomes necessary, but they are fun to find inside the pages, I think.
That's my excuse anyway!

You can find the photos of the pages, and info on how I made them and what I used HERE,
I really hope you like it
Right, to work with me....
Thanks for visiting

13 comments:

Karen said...

I am loving this one Kathy!!! What a brilliant idea to put little books inside!!! X

Unknown said...

It's gorgeous Kathy xx

Lynda said...

Wow Kathy this is amazing - love the bright colours and all the gorgeous details. Can't stop looking at it!

Love Lynda xxx

tracy said...

beautiful kathy :)

queen-of-nostalgia said...

Kathy, your projects never cease to amaze me! I love this one :)

Cheers!
Kristen

Annie said...

Wow wow wow That's just gorgeous. What a really special book. Love the colours. Every page is just a treasure. A x

Caroline said...

Its beautiful Kathy...x

Vicky said...

Fab-u-lous.... I love it! :)xx

Kaz said...

Kathy, it's just beautiful from front to back and in between.

Julia Dunnit said...

It's gorgeous. How exciting. Exactly how prolific are you if you don't have a huge to do list then? Crikey this would take me far more than a week, I'm sure!

Hazel said...

There's only one word for it - amazing! x

Carol said...

This is lovely, really nice colours. Thank you for your nice comment and coming to visit my blog xx

Kath said...

It's gorgeous ,Kathy. I love it.

Norway sends a tree to Newcastle too. Well they used to do, I'm sure they won't have stopped.:)