Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Odds and Ends

Yet again I've managed to find myself with a bit of a to-do list for this week.  Sometimes I think writing everything down isn't such a good idea after all - it just makes me panic!

Today I thought I'd just pop a couple of things on here that I've not shown before. 
First is a commissioned card for a Sapphire Wedding Anniversary.
I made the flower from Lokta paper in the same way as some I was experimenting with a couple of weeks back. The Lokta paper is thicker and more textured than the coffee filter papers - and comes in loads of different colours too.  The white "blobs" are Distress Stickles and aren't nearly so white and blobby in real life - they look much more subtle than they do on the photos!
paper is by Imaginisce (I think) and the lace came from Creative Treasures.  The ovals are Nesties and the little gems are from the 2mm and 3mm gem wheels from Anita's
The next card is one I made for my cousin.  I was in a hurry to get this one done before we went away the other week - if I'd had more time I'd have started again as it's not great!  You win some, you lose some, as they say.
I used a little cartoon, printed off a couple of times - I cut out the dresses from the second copy and coloured them in shades that better matched the red and green, then raised those bits on small pieces of chipboard -I've "gone off" foam tape recently - bits have fallen off some of the things I've used it on that I've kept around the house and I'd hate to think of the same happening to things I've made for other people.

Rightio, I must get on.
Thanks for looking

8 comments:

Kaz said...

Lovely cards Kathy - that flower is gorgeous. I don't like the foam tape myself, I use silicone glue.
Hope you manage to get the list shorter xxx

Smita said...

Love the flower... and the cards.

Hugs,
Smita

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh my you are very patient! The cards are lovely. I use foam pads rather than tape, but not until now, for any particular reason...hmm, I feel a non scientific blog poll coming on...!

Angelnorth said...

These look fab Kathy, love that flower!

Creative Treasures said...

Beautiful card Kathy i love that flower its stunning :)

Tracy
x

Janice said...

Both lovely cards, I think the golf one is so funny, great card for a man!

Love the flower on the other one.

Hazel said...

Love the use of the cartoon - great card. The sapphire one is beautiful (I never know what to do for those - not that I make that many!) x

Traceyr said...

Love the lace and gem combo very pretty and the cartoon card is funny. :)