Friday, May 28, 2010

The Anniversary Waltz

It's Lythan's turn to set the challenge for all us Daring Cardmakers this week:
"My turn to choose the dare falls on my wedding anniversary. We've now been married so long we don't have a gift name associated as we are supposed to be saving up for Silver... Actually the first year we were married we forgot to buy cards for each other at all.
So this year I thought I would help myself remember by having
Happy Anniversary
as the theme. It doesn't have to be Wedding Anniversary, it could be Anniversary of Adoption, moving house - whatever comes to mind!"
Over on the blog we're also announcing the winners of the "Mikey" and "Boy oh Boy"digital image bundles kindly donated by Charmed Cards and Craft

Well,  my own wedding anniversary is at the end of July and I thought I'd get ahead and make my card with that in mind (gives me plenty of time to a. change my mind about the card, or b. lose it in the general disorder that is my craft space).
 I've used limited "frothy stuff" as Hubby's not keen on all that (well, that's  probably no  surprise if you saw his desk on my WOYWW post a couple of weeks ago).  I manage to restrain myself from adding some flowers.......but I just couldn't manage without a little bit of ribbon - though I've kept to a simple knot instead of going for a nice big flouncy bow hehehe

Oh, I've just remembered, I was going to add an elephant or two.  Never mind I can pop some on nearer the time {wink}

Scalloped square and main lettering are made using my Craft Robo
A couple of the papers are from a Colourbok pad I've had for ages - they are gorgeous and I don't want to use them all up too soon, you see.....
The spotty paper is from the Daily Grind set by Fancy Pants
I made the hanging charm using glass and silver beads threaded onto wire and one of the lovely heart charms from Creative Treasures tied on with narrow red ribbon.
I had three attempts at making this darned thing because I managed to ruin the first two grrrrr And yes, I was about ready to throw the thing in the bin!
The brad on the pc generated sentiment at the top is a fuzzy flocked one from Prima which I've been saving.
That's it for today.  Please don't forget to visit the DCM BLOG and see all the fab Anniversary cards the team have made, it's a real treat for the eyes.
Thanks for visiting, please leave a message before you go, and please come back soon!

15 comments:

Annie said...

Sorry I've missed catching up with your blog this week. My eye wouldn't allow me :-( It feels a little better this morning so I'm trying to catch up a little. Your book on the previous blog is really stunning. I love it. I'm not good at remembering anniversaries so will say hope you have a fab day now :-)
A x

Gez Butterworth said...

Perfect card for your hubby. I love the colours.xx

Karen said...

Thisis ideal for your hubby Kathy...I do love the girly touch of the charm XXX

Julia Dunnit said...

S'lovely Kathy..my man's the same - straight lines and no frou frou please...although I'm sure that elepjhants aren't frou frou!!

Lythan said...

this card is so stylish and I love the hanging charm. Glad you persevered with it:)

Lynda said...

It's gorgeous Kathy and I always love those extra special little touches you add - love the dotty paper too!

Love Lynda xxx

Kaz said...

What a fab card Kathy. My money's on you losing it I'm afraid as you are too much like me! xx

Rika said...

Your card is beautiful Kathy!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Kathy - love the little added touch with the charm. :)

Vanessa x

Janice said...

A great card for a blokey bloke! Love the grey and red theme and the little heart charm. It's our 29th Anniversary this year, bit of an odd one that - don't I get pearls next year? Yeah right!

Caroline said...

Lovely card Kathy and perfect for a man! They are always harder to do aren't they....x

Hazel said...

Classy card - love the addition of the charm - great touch x

Allison said...

such a lovely card Kathy
Have a great rest of the holiday weekend
AllisonX

Jo said...

This is a fab blokey anniversary card :) I am sure he will love it (if you remember where you put it for safe keeping!)

jo x

Unknown said...

great card - but i'm surprised you didn't end up adding a token flower - well resisted (I think i would have had to - especially those gorgeous things you do)!!!

Paula x x x