Thursday, July 01, 2010

Funky and NEW!



I've been a right misery-guts this week Hubby's been away in Copenhagen for meetings with clients and I was feeling sorry for myself - you'd think not having him around to talk to would mean spending more time chatting on forums/blogs etc but instead I found myself in a very uncommunicative mood.  Anyway he got home last night and it's back to normal.  

Last time he went to Copenhagen he brought back a couple of huge marshmallow chocolates - he saw them in the shop at the airport and thought they looked really strange so couldn't resist buying some - they measured about 3.5" across and about the same high - so they really were huge!
 Bringing back strange presents is nothing new - when he went to Holland he brought me a little Gouda cheese all of my very own!
......and from a business trip to Tokyo years ago he brought several odd things - including a box of tea bags.  I got an ice-cream scoop for my birthday once .....
This time I have some rather more "normal" looking chocolates - though I can't be sure as I've not tasted them yet - they may be curry flavoured or something!  And then there's Anders, who's come to live in our house - he's chosen the name in honour of one of the guys he was meeting with over there, apparently there's a likeness about the hair! 
 At least having a "fit of the others" as my mum called being in a bad mood, plus being on my own with no need to keep an eye on the clock meant I got my head down and did some crafting.
It's new challenge day today over on Funky Hand's challenge blog "Get Funky" and the theme is "New" and has been set by Ruth.  As usual there's a fab prize of a £20 voucher to spend in the Funky Hand shop - something well worth bearing in mind when there's a brand new CD about to be launched.......
My card is obviously a New Baby card.
I've used papers from the new CD which is called "Colour Me Happy" and is in the same format as the last one (Dreams Come True). I love it!  The designs are fab and the colour combos are fantastic - they print out beautifully and by altering the setting on your printer you can get the same designs in different sizes.
For my card I've used designs from the "Blissful Baby" colour-way.  I've cut the letters using my Craft Robo and the elephant is one of the images you also get on the CD.  I made the flag from plain card, trimmed with scraps of CMH paper, the words are Robo cut and the flagpoles made from a bamboo skewer snipped in half - it's a big card and will hopefully get to Anice in time for the new CD's launch on Create & Craft next week.  I'll confirm the date and time as soon as it's all settled.
If you go to the Get Funky Challenge Blog you'll not only find out all you need to know on how to enter this month's challenge, but you'll also get to see more Colour me Happy sneak peeks at  the papers, images and wordbook styles.
I need to have a catch-up on all the blogging I've missed during the last few days, but before that I have to think of something to do for tomorrow's DCM.  Yep, it's back to the normal Thursday panic - fingers crossed something pops into my head once I've sat at my craft desk.

Oh - don't forget about last Friday's blog candy - I'm going to do a random draw with the names of all who leave a comment on that post entered and the prize is the birthday book I made using some of the Nikki Sivils goodies.
Is it cool enough to have a coffee this morning do you think?  I think I'll risk it - I can always switch the fan on if needs be.  
And then I really will start on my card.

STOP PRESS
The new "Colour Me Happy" CD will be launched on Create and Craft TV on Monday 5th July at 10am. After that it will be available from the Funky Hand website from 12 noon, Saturday 10th July



13 comments:

Allison said...

ah yummy chocolates- hope you get some more
Adorable sweet baby card
AllisonX

Lythan said...

Anders is so cute. Love his wild hair. But not quite as cute as your scrumptious baby card. It is divine!

Kath said...

Lovely card and Anders is fun isn't he.
Kath

Karen said...

hahaha love Anders Kathy!!! Thos big choccies look like cupcakes too!!!

Gorgeous card honey XXX

Kaz said...

Love the card Kathy, the elephant is so sweet.
Anders is lovely - does he have any brothers?!
Hope you're feeling more cheerful now and getting on with your DCM xxx

Beckie said...

I am totally the same when hubby is away! love those pressies!!

Angelnorth said...

Hee hee - do you think Anders and Mr Robo could become best of friends?!

Carol Plume said...

Hiya Kathy - hope you're feeling much brighter now..those choccies look enormous!! you must tell us what they are!

Fab birth card...loving the elephant xx

btw when my oh went to San Fransisco (sp) he bought me home a marble stamp with my name in chinese engraved on it!! (and a sketch showing me which way up it went!! lolxx)

Janice said...

At least you can laugh about your odd presents. Hope you are feeling a bit more yourself now that hubby is home and at least you will have Anders if he has to go away again lol!

Traceyr said...

Kathy love Anders :)

Hazel said...

I love Anders - and hope the chocs are 'normal'. Sorry you've been feeling down - I know what it's like to be by myself - well understand your mood. Love the baby card - cute little ele. x

tracy said...

LOL @ your 'different' gifts :)
i love your card,it's so sweet :)

Vicky said...

What fun pressies!
Love your card Kathy, so clever. :)xx