Thursday, July 15, 2010

More Tropical Flowers

Yes, I really do love these "tropical flowers" cut using one of this month's Crafty Templates.  
I'd already cut a load using the October Afternoon (Fly A Kite) paper I used for the cards I showed here yesterday, and then I  ended up cutting a whole bundle more of them from this gorgeous Fancy Pants paper collection called "Rusted Sun"
I've cut lots of different sizes of the flowers using Mr Robo so that I can layer them up.  I used the July Sketch from The Sketch File BLOG (don't forget my Designers call over there, will you?) along with the flowers to make this card
Other stuff used: 
MS edging punch
cotton lace
card candy
Sentiment home-made using decal paper from Crafty Computer Paper

Ohhh, isn't it nice when you open a drawer to see whether you need to order more of the last thing on that list and find a bar of emergency Galaxy chocolate you'd forgotten about sitting in there?  Might not be there much longer.....

I'm popping in and out of the WOYWW posts for yesterday (late, but nothing new there) and found a blog candy offer - as it's flowers, obviously I couldn't resist adding my link.  If you visit Nikki's blog you'll find out more!
I've got my card all done and ready for tomorrow's Daring Cardmakers challenge and there's a few minutes left before lunch time so I'm heading back to do some more WOYWWCU (WOYWW Catch Ups)

7 comments:

Kaz said...

Fab card Kathy and, no, I never have a spare emergency bar of chocolate that I've forgotten about. I know every gram of choc in my possession!!! xxx

Karen said...

You found emergency Galaxy in your drawer??? Why doesn't that happen to me??? YUM YUM

This card is really pretty Kathy XXX

Anonymous said...

Love this card with summery colours!
I wish i could find some spare chocolate in my drawers, lucky you! :))
Hugs xx
Pat

Allison said...

love the papers you have used- fab card kathy and its great to have an emergency choccy stash- every gal should have one
AllisonX

Jules said...

Hi Kathy

Gorgeous creation.

Love your paper choices and that brilliant flower.

You have a great eye for colours and have such a talent for combining papers that on the face of it shouldn't work .. .. but they do !!!

Love Jules xx

Love Jules xx

peggy aplSEEDS said...

yes, i love these 3d flowers too! yours look great. love the papers.

Angelnorth said...

This and yesterday's using the same flowers look fab Kathy! Emergenyc chocolate, eh? Must try that stratefy some time!