Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Funky Hand Stuff

I'm still trying to catch up with everything - I'll get there eventually I hope!
Today is all about catching up on Funky Hand happenings.
On the 1st September the new monthly challenge on Get Funky! went live and it's me setting the theme this time
"...for our September challenge I'd like you to help me celebrate my birthday which occurs in the middle of this month.
If you've ever visited my personal blog, you'll already know that I just can't stop using flowers on my cards and projects, so what I'd really love to see is a
Fabulous Funky Floral Fantasy
The catch is that I need to see lots of dimension in the way you use the flowers, so just a flower patterned paper, or a flat flowery image just won't cut it!  Think lots of layers or try making some of the wonderful 3d flowers that are around at the moment - there are lots of tutorials and you-tube videos out there to get you started."
.As always there's a very (Funky) Handy prize of a £20 voucher to spend on Funky Hand goodies on offer for one lucky winner - just make sure you check up on the rules so your creation meets the criteria - you would be amazed at how many people forget!
There are some fabulously inspiring creations on the blog so please check them out {HERE}- we have three lovely new Teamies joining in for their first time this month so there's even more to see.
I suppose you could say that I cheated a bit this month and used the "caddy and flowers" combo that I've shown here before - my excuse being that it was the inspiration for the challenge itself.
I used the "Contented Coffee" set of papers from the "Colour Me Happy" CD to cover the caddy and to make all the flowers and swirly bits.  I had an absolute ball making these and it got me thinking about using lots of dimension and layering to make something as simple as paper scream with attitude!


Next on the Funky Hand Catch Up is the brand new Christmas download "All I want for Christmas"
It's available for instant download from HERE.  So if you're already thinking of making C-word stuff, you can get started straight-away and print off all those lovely new papers and images to your heart's content!
It's worth having a "stroll" around the blogs of the DT (they're all on my links list in the sidebar) if you're in need of some inspiration, or just want to see the designs in use.
I'm soooo not an early starter when it comes to CWord cards, but here are the ones I've made so far using the fab new download designs.
I'm keeping the pics small (so I don't scare myself too much) but you can click on them for a better look if you want!
The tree shapes are digi images from the download, cut on the Robo, I've even used the "waste" to make one of the cards.  The parcels are hand-cut from one of the paper designs.  For the last 2 cards I printed the design direct onto the fronts of the card blanks
The last piece of FH news is that rumour has it that Word Book Envelopes are now available, but are so popular that they are selling really really fast.  If you love making those fantastic Wordbooks Funky Hand is so famous for, then these envelopes are perfect for sending them in.  Check the Funky Hand SHOP for more info.
I think that's my FH update completed (at last, I hear you say....)
Thanks for visiting - please come back soon

9 comments:

Karen said...

hee hee knew you would have to do something CHRISTMASY soon!!!! Lovely C cards and of course those flowers are just amazing my lovely XXX

Lynda said...

Hi Kathy, as always your flowers are stunning! I love the Christmas cards - can't believe you've entered the 'C' Zone lol, Fab set of cards but I'm really taken with the last one, love the colours and it looks really classy.

Love Lynda xxx

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow Kathy, I love those flowers, and the papers too, they are gorgeous, love your c card too, hugs Liz xx

Kaz said...

Oh dear Kathy you have put me to shame as I have only done one Christmas card this year so far!!! Yours are lovely - that tree is such a fab shape xxx

Di said...

Beautiful C cards Kathy...I think I've done 1 so far...and that was back in January ha ha!!

The flowers are gorgeous too xx

Janice said...

Looking good Kathy and a good start on your Cword collection!

cookcreateread said...

Wow Kathy! Your flowers are beautiful! And the Christmas cards aren't too bad either lol!! Lovely stuff, as usual xx

Traceyr said...

Wonderful Christmas cards from you Kathy. The flowers are absolutely stunning. :)

Cardmaking Galore said...

great xmas cards - i must start going myself