Wednesday, January 19, 2011

January Crafty Templates

The first set of Crafty Templates of 2011 are on the loose and there's a bit of a retro feel about some of them this month.  You'll find glamorous designs for dresses with a 50s/60s feel and some fab retro household items.  There are also cute birdies, fa un bunny and some fab flowers added to the mix.

I loved this stylish posh frock design and adding lace and pearls to the card just seemed "right". I converted the template for cutting on the Craft Robo, then cut all the pieces separately to layer them up
 Paper: K&Co., Bazzill Bling Black, scraps of yellow and white card, Skin-tones Promarkers, Black Lace, Flat-backed pearls, paper frill cut with MS large border punch, 
Prima Artful flowers, yellow wired rose (Creative Treasures), 
A layer of Stickles  was added to the bag for a bit of extra bling.
I headed into the kitchen for these  next two cards. The apron template is cute and leaves lots of room for adding your own bits and pieces.  I added a little pocket edged with lace to the front of my card, then I used the bow design from the card above to make the bow for the back of the apron.

 All papers on the card above and below are from the Bo Bunny "Crush" 6x6 pad 
(Charmed Cards and Crafts)

I have one of these mixers in my kitchen - it was a Christmas pressie a few years ago and is fab!  Mine is white but I went for a nice bright red when making this card. Again I converted this for Robo cutting and layered it up so there's lots of dimension on this one.  I then used another template - one of the Cutie Pie designs - from the January set to make a cupcake to add to the card.
Also used:
Kraft card blank, red, black, silver card for the mixer,
Tiny buttons topped with Stickles to decorate
For all the info about Crafty Templates, click HERE, you'll also find info about the Crafty Goodies Kits that Leo puts together each month.  I didn't use one this time - thought I'd try to make a dent in my own stash collection ;)
That's all for this time.  I'm off back to my craft desk where I have another baby card to make and a lot of lovely DT stuff to get on with too.  Thanks for looking

7 comments:

Gez Butterworth said...

Fabby cards Kathy especially love your cupcake, yum!

Karen said...

These are lovely Kathy! xxx

Angelnorth said...

These look great Kathy, love the posh frock!

Janice said...

Love the one with the mixer, looks fab. Those templates are so useful!

Kaz said...

Lovely cards Kathy - love that dress shape xx

Faye said...

Faberoony projects, totally brilliant. xxx

Paper and Ribbons said...

Fab Kathy, love the mixer! Ang x