Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Whale of a Time!

What a rubbish blogger I've been lately! 
I've not even blogged my Crafty Templates DT set this month yet so I'm going to put that right this minute!
This month's set have a bit of a "Father's Day" theme, but that's not to say they aren't adaptable for other occasions too. 
As soon as I saw the little vintage suitcase I thought it would be perfect to make a dinky mini-album, so I dug out the Bind It All and made this
 

The Kraft card for the covers, spotty paper, "wood grain" paper, tiny alpha letters, sunglasses and label stickers are all from this month's Crafty Goodies Kit
The card pages, yellow ribbon are from my stash
 I loved the whale template too and thought he'd be fun made patchwork-style so I cut the base layer from card then punched lots of 2cm squares from the various papers in the Crafty Goodies Kit.  It's a bit of a slow process to stick them all on, but I love the effect. 
I used wavy strips cut from a couple of the Kit papers to make the background and added a few "bubble" buttons in matching colours.
For extra dimension I made a little box hinge so that although he stands (or swims) proud of the card when it's standing up, he lies flat for posting! If you look at the detail photo below, you can just see the hinge peeping out
 Papers and tiny alphabet stickers from the Crafty Goodies Kit
Buttons from stash
This is such a fun car shape!  I made this using various papers from the Kit - though I wish now I'd used something more neutral for the windows
Papers from the Kit
brads and card for the sentiment from stash.  Letters are cut with the Craft Robo
Here is the link for all you need to know about Crafty Templates and the Crafty Goodies Kits - both are always fab and sure to spark off your mojo!

Just a couple of treats before I go:
Fellow Funkette Jenny has some gorgeous prizes to give away, so do visit her BLOG to find out more.
Over on The Sketch File we also have a prize on offer, so please have a look at the new sketch and if you join in then who knows our lovely bag of goodies might be yours soon!

I think that's it for now, I'll be back tomorrow with lots of news and other stuff to share!

3 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Fab projects, love the little suitcase album!

Kaz said...

These are all fab Kathy, you've been really busy! I think the whale is my fave xxx

Sue said...

Oh I love your whale Kathy, such lovely bright colours.
Sue x