Wednesday, June 15, 2011

No Fuss

The BFoP is in residence and trying to divert me from making my DCM card for this week.  Or maybe I'm just doing other things while another part of my brain tries to work out what to do?
Anyway, one of the things I procrastinated about long and hard recently was making a First Holy Communion card for a customer.  In the end here's what I came up with

Materials:
Card base:  Rose Pink Stardream card with soft shimmery finish. 
Other card; White and Silver
White Lace and White satin ribbon
Silver cross charm hung on silver thread with pearl beads,
Chalice cut on Craft Robo in Silver card and decorated with tiny silver gems
Sentiment is pc generated

The "Boss" at Funky Hand has recently moved house so I made this card, using pretty much the same LO as for last week's DCM card (the Santa one!)
Materials:
White card base, Funky Hand papers (pink and brown)
Lots of brown and soft pink seam binding
Little house is one of my most used Craft Robo templates
I-Rock pearls by Imaginisce

Well. I've managed to get all the way to lunch time without starting that card, so the BFoP is probably feeling very pleased with herself - but she's getting the Order of the Boot after lunch - yes I mean it!
Thanks for visiting. please come back soon :-)

9 comments:

Janice said...

The First Communion card is perfect Kathy, love the little charm and the communion cup. Good luck to Anice on her move, I'm sure she will enjoy your card.

Sue said...

I love the first Communion card Kathy, pretty but not too fussy.
Sue x

Lynda said...

Your Holy Communion card is absolutely beautiful Kathy - they will be so pleased with it. Love the design of the New Home one too - I like the designs you can adapt over and over again for any occasion.

Love Lynda xxx

Karen said...

Your Holy Communion card is just perfect Kathy, well done my lovely xxx

Kaz said...

Such gorgeous cards Kathy, I think the Communion one is perfect.
Give that fairy a kick from me!! xxx

Dolly Mixtures said...

I love the classy First Communion card - so elegant!

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [16 Jun 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Hazel said...

Lovely communion card - just right. And a great new home card. x

Katy_Szwarc said...

Just wanted to say the communion card is simple yet absolutely STUNNING!!! x