Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Album Pages

Do you have those days when even something simple takes a couple of goes to get right?  I had one of those yesterday - it's probably more to do with my concentration levels being affected by this rotten cold that Hubby's so kindly shared with me than anything else, but there you go.
My trach record for completing book projects is really bad - I love making books and albums but they are soon relegated to the bottom of the pile as a new whim takes hold.
Anyway, I'm determined to see through my project to make a mini album of the various places we visited  during our year's membership of the National Trust - this was an anniversary present to ourselves which finished at the end of July this year.  So I'm really hoping that I will end up with a complete album just for once!

It was starting to slide a bit as I'd almost finished the picture page for Anglesey Abbey and then there it sat on the desk for weeks and weeks waiting to be completed. I refused to allow myself to start a new one with the September "Sketch File" sketch until I'd finished the other set. 
So I sat down and finished the picture page AND made the journalling page - and then I did another picture page. wow!
This is the picture page for Shaw's Corner in Ayot St Lawrence, using the current September Simplicity sketch
I used:
Papers: Basic Grey
The little squares were punched from a second photo of the same place, which had lots of flowers in the foreground, then matted onto pale lilac card squares
Pink Seam Binding (Creative Treasures)
Tiny yellow buttons
2 x square punches




Next is a LO using the August "Going Round in Circles" sketch - as it's only just been completed it never actually made it onto the Sketch File Blog! oops.

Anglesey Abbey, nr. Cambridge
I used:
Papers and stickers: Echo Park, most of the flowers are cut from the same papers
I used several dies )swirls, Nesties Plain circles, Lacey circles, Labels)on these pages, all from Spellbinders
Lettering and circles for matting all cut on Craft Robo
gems all Imaginisce I-rocks

Please visit The Sketch File and see what the design team have been making over the last few weeks.  You've a week left to link a project using this sketch.
Thanks for looking today -please come back soon

2 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Well done for making yourself keep going and complete! Looks great with the sketch as the basis, love the little squares punched out of the floral photo!

Anonymous said...

Such gorgeous layouts Kathy and what a lovely idea! Hope you're feeling better soon but I bet your husband's cold was much, much worse than yours, lol! xx