Friday, September 02, 2011

September Flowers

Daring Cardmakers Day again and as it's the first challenge of the month we're looking to the flowers associated with September for our inspiration.
Sadly even though the flowers are lovely this month - Asters and Morning Glory - I didn't feel at all inspired.  I think the old mojo is off somewhere taking a break.  I hope it comes back soon because I have masses of stuff to get done in the next few weeks!
Thankfully, my Teamies didn't have the same sort of issues though, so there's lots of lovely crafting to see over on the DCM BLOG today!
I thought tasters would be perfect for one of these fun pop up cards where a (relatively) flat card that will fit in a regular envelope pops out to form a box base with "bits sticking out" - that's a technical term, don't you know? hehehe
In my head it looked ok, but I think maybe a different choice of papers would have been better.  Never mind, you can't win 'em all.
I used:
Echo Park "Springtime" papers and stickers
Craft Robo to cut all the pink flowers, Hand cut leaves, Stems are wire covered with strips of paper
Punches for white flowers and the yellow centresYellow Button, Yellow Stickles, 
Turquoise seam binding (Creative Treasures)
Spellbinders labels die

Not happy with this card, I then made another - which I like even less! but thought I might as well share anyway as I like the idea of the bowl of asters - I think I should definitely have used the KISS (keep it simple, stupid!) theory with this one - it would have worked so much better - mind you I don't like that shade of yellow either, even though it's from the same set of papers as the rest..
I used:
Fancy Pants papers,  Tobo template for flowers, punch for centres
Spellbinders dies (I used a plain circle cut down for the bowl), Tiny letter stickers
Clear and Yellow dewdrops
Flower Lace, Pale Blue and Pale Pink seam binding all from Creative Treasures

With a bit of luck I won't make as much of a pig's ear of the crafting projects I need to do today - please wish me luck!
Thanks for visiting

14 comments:

Lynda said...

You're being too hard on yourself Kathy the cards are gorgeous! Those Echo Park papers are just my favourite at the moment too!

Love Lynda xxx

Gez Butterworth said...

Oooooh Kathy! AMAZING cards ♥

tracy said...

!!! whats wrong with them kathy-they are beautiful :)

Kaz said...

Well I think they are fab cards Kathy! I adore those layered flowers you have made and the bright summery colours xxx

Rika said...

two wonderful cards Kathy!

Anonymous said...

Kathy, these are beautiful!!! Sometimes I wonder what happens to us when we look at our own work!! Honestly, they're gorgeous; so bright and summery and just fab! xx

Allison said...

ooh the flowers are all beautiful
Allisonx

Angelnorth said...

Love the layered flowers, fab job!bv

Janice said...

Oh wow Kathy, these are lovely especially the first one.

Natty said...

Fantastic cards Kathy - I just love how they pop!

Traceyr said...

Kathy that top card is inspiring! Wonderful flowers.

:)

Hazel said...

You certainly never make a pig's ear of anything you show - they are both gorgeous cards. x

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Kathy you are definitely being too hard on yourself - both cards are wonderful and those pink flowers are just amazing - you're so clever with the Robo templates, they look brilliant x

Anonymous said...

The cards are fab Kathy!