Friday, July 06, 2012

The Colours of July

If "wet" was a colour then the start of July would be painted in it.  Hard to believe that our water company still hasn't lifted the hosepipe ban - talk about taking the mick!

Rein has chosen a beautiful colour palette for the monthly Colour Combo challenge over on The Daring Cardmakers.  One of the fab things about our First Friday theme this year is exploring the stash looking for the shades you need - it's such a great way to rediscover forgotten paper collections and those "that might come in useful one day" bits and bobs!
In the end I didn't have to look far to find good matches for Rein's colours as the Bo Bunny Gabrielle paper pad was near the front of the box
I used:
Paper:  Bo Bunny Gabrielle 6x6 paper pad for all (including cut out butterfly) except the green strip which is from Kaisercraft's  "These days" 6x6 pad
Seam Binding from Creative Treasures
Stick on pearls in brown and aqua
Die-namics Doily die set

Next I thought I'd have a little play with the new July sketch over on the Sketch File Blog and some papers from the new Funky Hand "Wishes and Kisses" CD to make another card.  This time I used more of the dark sage green shade on Rein's inspiration photo
This is what I came up with:
I used:
Sketch from Sketch File Blog
 I printed the papers onto a pale cream pearlised paper and used leftover scraps to make the little coiled roses
Seam Binding, gems and pearls from Creative Treasures
Prima Artful Flowers, Other petals from stash. Turquoise Ice Stickles
Spellbinders Moroccan Accents border die
"Ticket" background for sentiment made using a small circle punch on the basic rectangles
That's it for this time, I hope you'll pop over and see the gorgeous cards made my the Daring Cardmakers team this week, it's such a pretty colour combo - I hope you'll be joining in with us and sharing your own creativity
Thanks for visiting

5 comments:

lisa said...

I know what you mean about the rain, Kathy. What a Summer it's been. I can't believe you've still got a hosepipe ban, that's ridiculous.
These cards are absolutely stunning. I love the colour scheme too and who can resist Bo Bunny papers. The flowers on your second card are soooo pretty.
Hope all is good with you, I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately.
Hugs Lisax

Anonymous said...

Two stunning cards Kathy! Love the colours.
xx

Angelnorth said...

Lovely colours and both cards look great - very you!

Words and Pictures said...

Super cards... the butterfly and ribbon one is just lovely!

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Gorgeous cards Kathy, I love them both. I really like the way you've twisted the seam binding to add the pearls, that's a really nice idea. Sx