Thursday, December 06, 2012

Hang up Your Stockings

For today#s cards I've used up the last few scraps from the papers I printed to use on my canvas for last weekend's Funky Hand and Tiddly Inks joint Blog Hop.
These are just the extra Funky Hand papers I printed to make the borders, banners etc, I didn't over-print with the houses image on these.
I used:
papers: Funky Hand "Stylish Tree download
Gold thread, Red Ribbon, 
Gold and Aqua Glitter card, Stickles Ice glitter glue
Gie: Memory Box Stocking
Decal sticker sentiment
Punches: EK Success Border punch, various star punches

It's a funny thing, but I've not really found this die easy to use - maybe it's just a bit big for the card size I like to use for my Christmas cards. I played around a bit with it on the first card making different lengths of stockings - I'm thinking that actually the smallest one which is cut down quite a lot looks the best.
  I might dig out my old QK die again, or maybe I should cut some with Mr Robo!

Thanks for visiting today I hope you'll come back soon 
Don't forget to join in with our Daily Blog roll and leave a link to your crafting HERE

4 comments:

Kaz said...

Gorgeous again Kathy. You must be nearly finished making your cards by now xxx

Angelnorth said...

Great traditional-looking cards and I think the stocking looks fab! Maybe it's big enough to be more of a "centre stage" thing and your inclination is to put lots of stuff on a card so it seems a bit big for that?

Unknown said...

Lovely Kathy, I really like the way you use colour, papers and dies. Little Christmas stockings always make me feel warm inside too xx

Hazel said...

Great way of using up the left overs - lovely colours and patterns x