Friday, February 01, 2013

February Colour Combo

It was my turn to choose the colours palette for the Daring Cardmakers this time, and as Valentines Day isn't far away I thought Id go for something traditionally romantic.
The colours are
Cranberry, Slate Grey, Pale Grey and White
My card took so long!  Not because it was tricky to do, but because I wanted to use the velvet ricrac braid on it as its gorgeous!  Problem was I have it in brown, deep aqua and raspberry pink....not cranberry or dark red.  So I inked over the pink one with the Fired Brick Distress ink and got a really good colour.  DI takes a long time to dry doesn't it?  I am impatient and went ahead making my card, covering any inky finger blotches (oops) with flowers and gems.  It wasn't till I photographed it and went to "develop" the that I realised that I'd managed to get the red ink all over the white lace grrr how could I have missed that?
So back to the desk to fix it and then more photographs.and here's the finished card
Materials and Tools:
Papers - various including Hot Off The Press, Funky Hand, Colourbok. Bazzill
Pink Velvet ric-rac braid inked with Fired Brick DI
White Lace, Deep Red Organza ribbon, Gems and Pearls (dark red, Grey, Silver) - all these from Creative Treasures
Punches: Small Square, Hearts are "waste" from MS Doily Hearts Border Punch
Craft Robo cut "Love"



This won't be my Valentines card for Hubby - far too heavy on the flowers and ribbon for him hehe.  I'll keep this till someone asks me for a wedding card and it'll be just the job ;)

That's it for today, thanks for visiting - I hope you'll pop over to the DCM BLOG and see the other cards - it really looks gorgeous today with all the colour coordination!

Have a great weekend


9 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Lovely romantic feel, fab card! (gentle heat with a hairdryer or drape your ric rac over a radiator with a bit of kitchen towel underneath to protect your paint work should speed things up with your DI)

Jane Allmark Crafting With Jane said...

Love the colour combination and that gorgeous ribbon really scrummy x

Unknown said...

I really, really love this, the cranberry and grey together is so different and yet so effective xx

Kath said...

I love these colours and your card is gorgeous.

Lythan said...

that card is just so tactile. And the colours make me hungry for some cherry pie (grey shouldn't do that I know!) Delicious - I mean beautiful :)

Karen said...

WOW! Absolutely beautiful Kathy! Glorious colour combo x

Miri said...

Kathy, your card is brilliant! The colours and the roses make it so elegant.

Svenja said...

I really like your card. I can never be bothered to fiddle with these little flowers and bits and pieces so I'm always extra-awed when somebody else does it - and so brilliantly!
And: oh yes. Distress Ink takes for ever to dry!

Hazel said...

Love the rich colours - adorable card x