Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I Hate Football

....but sadly, lots of the males in our family think there's nothing nicer than kicking a ball around a muddy field or shouting "Ref-er-ee....!" at the TV.  So it happens that I've made quite a few football-themed cards over the year.

I've used the current LO on The Sketch File to make the latest footie fan card.  This one is for one of my BiLs who has a birthday soon.  
I've had this old QuicKutz football die for soooo long - it was one of the first dies I bought when I got my first die cutter - which was one of the old blue QuicKutz ones!  They were hard work, weren't they?  hehehe

Materials and Tools:
14cm square smooth white card blank
Silver-grey card Red card, Black and White card scraps
Various ribbons, Ric-rac braid
Embossing folder: Footballs (Crafts Too)
Die: Football (QuicKutz)
Decal Sticker sentiment on hand cut banner

This is the sketch I used
 That's all for today, thank you for visiting


6 comments:

Kaz said...

Fab card Kathy and very useful too for those boys xxx

Kath said...

Clever card, Kathy. Neither of my lads are football fans! Amazing! My Grandson plays but prefers badminton.

Traceyr said...

What a great way to use ribbons Kathy to look like scarves.

:)

Angelnorth said...

I had that football die too - I think I passed it along to my mum! Great footie card, the ribbon/scarves look fab!

Hazel said...

I'm with you about football, Kathy - but it's a very impressive card for someone who loves it. And I've just been admiring your wonderful umbrella cards - fantastic x

Unknown said...

What a great card. It's lively and boasts team spirit!

~Shawnie B.
www.CardsByShawnie.com