Friday, June 21, 2013

Itty Bitty

Gosh!  Beckie's challenge for the Daring Cardmakers had me flummoxed this week!
This week's theme is ......

Itty Bitty Jar

More than likely you have a jar or container that sits on your craft table where you pop all those little bits that are just left on the desk and don't have a home, or we run out of time to do a proper clear up :)  So the dare this week is to make a card featuring at least 5 items from that jar!
Don't get me wrong - it's not that I don't have loads of bits and bobs left over from projects, or  lots of tiny things like beads and brads that I find after putting their compatriots away, and yes there are extra unused die-cuts and bits of ribbon and laces, offcuts of paper and card, little "found" treasures from heaven knows where that I've kept because "that might come in useful...." - no, the problem is that I don't have just one place to keep all that stuff and I'm now thinking that maybe I should!
The other problem was that all those odds and ends are so itty and bitty that finding stuff that could be made to work together was a toughie!
Anyway, in the end here's what I came up with - if you refer back to earlier posts you'll spot some leftovers actually being used
My itty bitty bits: some each of the Beads, Brads, Gems and Pearls, one layer of the the purple flower, sentiment sticker,  all from the tray on my desk. Turquoise card - printed Bazzill left over from a couple of weeks ago, Contempo circles die-cut which I used as a stencil last week, tiny card die-cut came in a swap I think, large flower was one I made as a try-out and never got round to putting on a project, the Swirl is a chipboard one saved from project I wasn't happy with - it was silver yesterday morning,


 Other Materials and Tools
2 x mauve papers "Winter Wedding" download collection by Funky Hand
Extra beads etc., Metallic thread,  Prima flowers, Stickles, 
Turquoise and mauve ink pads; Versamark and Cats Eyes
Spellbinders Large Oval
Memory Box Contempo Circles border

I had to clear my desk to do this challenge - just to find out what might be usable, so I thought I'd share a picture of all the stuff I "culled" from my desk

I definitely need a proper place to put all that sort of stuff.  Maybe an old-fashioned goldfish bowl would do the trick....
So, will you be joining in with us this week?  Do you dare open your Itty Bitty stash to our prying eyes?  Go on, it'll be fun! ;)
Pop over to our BLOG to see what the rest of the team found when they investigated their leftovers and itty bits....

Thanks for visiting today




7 comments:

Kath said...

Well I think that is a beautiful card, Kathy........itty bitty or not! Like you, I don't have those 'bits' ready to hand. I would have to hunt as well.

Angelnorth said...

A beautiful card Kathy, doesn't look at all "left overish"! Love the bead border, it looks fabulous!

Anonymous said...

This is such a beautiful card hun. Love the colors and all the bits are fabulous x x

Kaz said...

That is a lot of itty bitty bits on your desk!! I don't have a place either, it's all over it!
Love your card, that flower is delicious xxx

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, love the design, the beads and the colours! xxx

Hazel said...

Amazing what can be done with all the bits and pieces - gorgeous card x

Traceyr said...

Beautiful card Kathy, I love the gems and bead element.

I think the bits and pieces could be classed as an "artistic mess" haha.

:)