Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Beach Notes

I'm not having a great time with photography just now.
I sent a batch of samples off to Crafters Companion ahead of a Create and Craft show they are doing soon - only remembering after they went in the postbox that I hadn't taken a single photo of them.   This on top of taking photos of something I made and sent at the weekend where, though I did remember to take photos - I didn't check what they were like....and of course the camera settings were all wrong and the photos looked as though they'd been taken in a dark cupboard. 
At least I could do something about that - even though it's taken ages fiddling about with the tools in Paint Shop Pro.
Anyway.  Remember the rejected card I made for Friday's daring Cardmakaers challenge?  Well, I've pulled it to bits and used some of the little icons to decorate a notebook and make a little gift card to go with it.
 Materials and Tool:
Notebook from Paperchase
patterned papers; Funky Hand (from my scraps pile)
Plain card; Coredinations and Bazzill
Blue and green dewdrops, Pink, yellow and Clear dewdrops
Flip-flops pewter charm, Ribbon,Stickles and Ice Stickles
Black Gel pen
Craft Robo to cut all motifs except the tiny bunting which is hand cut
 
I know the photo is a bit rubbish, but it's a whole lot better than the original version!

I quite like the way the notebook turned out so I'm pleased I didn't throw that card straight into the bin. 
That's all for now. thanks for visiting

12 comments:

kelly ledder said...

This is fabulous, I must do something like this!

Thanks for sharing with us on CBN Facebook page.

Kelly x

Unknown said...

Great Summer project. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Bloggers Network face book page Hugs Tania xx (DT)

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful Kathy, love the flags.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Kate M said...

So glad you didn't bin the card - the notebook looks great. Love the card too.
xx

Debbie said...

Bless you, shame about you not doing any pics - we'll have to see them on the telly instead.Lovely notebook and gift card.Fab bright colours.Hugs Debbie x

Hazel said...

Great way to upcycle some of your own previous project into this new one x

Angelnorth said...

Great bit of salvaging, the little icons look fab on the "sand" of the kraft cover!

Kath said...

I like the note book Kathy. A good use of the card I think. glad you didn't throw it out!!!

Unknown said...

Fabulous Kathy, love them hun, I am terrible for doing that with taking pictures, went on and on about making my nieces invites for her wedding, only to take them too her and not take a picture to share, LOL, and many others of the same ilk, xxx

Sammylou said...

I love it! Just shows you should never bin those projects you're unhappy with because you never know what they'll evolve into xXx

lady jasmine crafts said...

A gorgeous book and tag xxx

Traceyr said...

Wow all that from a thrown away card? Kathy it's superb. I love both the items. :)