Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Splodging

The August LO on The Sketch File is called "Splodge Away!" because the main part of the sketch looks a bit like cloud shaped ink splodges.  What you use the "spoldges" for is up to you.  For my first project using this sketch I made them hot air balloons.

The main reason for this was that while I was flicking through my newest paper pads I spotted this lovely design with a couple of balloons in the left hand corner and thought "hmmm two down, three splodges to go!" haha

The other 3 balloons were cut using my Craft Robo. The balloons are slightly curved then adhered with 3D glue.   I wove a paper strip through some fairly random slits cut along the lower edge of the card and added some toning dark brown paper strips and some yellow and white Baker's Twine. 


Tools and Materials
Papers: MME 6x6 Sky's the Limit "Find Your Wings and Fly"
Brown paper from another paper pad
Yellow and White Baker's Twine
Decal Sentiment

Please visit The Sketch File to see this week's and last week's ideas from our DT - we'd love you to play along with us.
Thanks for visiting today

4 comments:

Hazel said...

Love your interpretation of the sketch x

Angelnorth said...

A very cheerful looking card Kathy, love it!

Traceyr said...

Love a balloon me, and on your card there are several. :)

Kaz said...

This is gorgeous Kathy, those papers are scrummy too!! xxx