Friday, September 27, 2013

Rosettes, Sneak Peeks and Birthday Party News

Ooooooh Look what October will be bringing!

All that starts next Friday, but this week Nat is the hostess's chair on The Daring Cardmakers' Blog and has a fab challenge for everyone.  All she wants is to see lots and lots of lovely ROSETTES on our cards this week.  It doesn't matter whether they are paper, fabric, ribbon or anything else you could think of to make them with - they all count.
it was a bad move to leave my card to the last minute.  I made a lot of rosettes - that was the easy bit, but it would have been a good idea to have something in mind to use them for.  Well, I did have a vague idea, but having made the rosettes I realised the plan wouldn't actually work. So I chose 3 of the rosettes and made something that's supposed to look like flowers in a window-box.
Don't tell anyone, but the papers I've used are so new they haven't been released for sale yet......

They are from a collection called "Boys Will Be Boys" and are from Funky Hand.  As you can see, they're not just for "boy" cards - but join in the Blog Hop for the launch and you'll be able to see more of the collection and maybe even win a prize.  Which is always good, eh?
I hope you'll join in with the hopping on Monday

Anyway. getting back to The Daring Cardmakers and my Rosette card.
I made the rosettes in a couple of different ways, I used a Memory Box die for the ones with the fluted edge and just folded paper strips for the others. The window-box is a plain edged, accordion-folded strip of paper - just like you fold to make a rosette.
Although I have a Memory Box tiny rosette die too, it's the fiddliest little wotsit in the die box and I didn't have the energy or willpower to do battle with it.  Instead I used the big one and trimmed off the straight side after cutting to make the finished rosettes a more suitable size. 
***Wherever possible, always look for the line of least resistance*** hehe
Materials and Tools:
Papers: Boys Will Be Boys download by Funky Hand
Flower stems are twisted ribbon and ric-rac scraps
Flower centres: Glittered brad, Blue flat-backed pearl, Fabric covered brad 
Bunting is hand-cut
Memory Box Rosette die. Scor-pal

That's all for this time.  Please pop by on Monday to see what I've made for the Funky Hand Blog Hop.... and don't forget about the DCM's Big Birthday Bash.  Gosh, such a lot going on!



2 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Great zingy colours - looks fab Kathy!

Lythan said...

Well done for avoiding the tiny die. It is a real pain. I love those twisty stems - it is a fab card :)