Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Curvy!

I thought it was about time I did a midweek blog - I've fallen back into the bad old ways of only managing to do my DCM card blog post.  Must try harder.

So now that the special birthday this card was made for has come and gone I can share the photos.
This is a commissioned card and it has a curved, or bowed front (like an old-fashioned shop window), What with the depth of the card because of the bowed front and the rather extravagant flower set into the aperture I decided not to risk the Postie squishing it before  it even reached my customer, and made a box for it too.
Tools and Materials
All papers are from Funky Hand's beautiful
printed onto white Bazzill card for texture and a nice weight
The front of the card is created using the "Extravagance" Create-a-Card die from Crafter's Companion
Plain Oval and Labels die are Spellbinders
The peony flower was made using petals cut on the Silhouette Cameo
Other items used: Cream card blank, flat backed pearls, satin ribbon

I made the box using WRMK Envelope Punch Board, and added a "belly band" to keep it shut, there's space on the label on the back to add a message
I used more of the same papers to decorate the box.  The flower is cut with an SU punch, the centre is a plain punched circle with a layer of Glossy Accents and a few beads sprinkled in while still wet


That's it for this time, I hope you like this project and will leave a little message ;)

Thanks for looking

4 comments:

Angelnorth said...

That looks lovely Kathy, very classy!

Kath said...

A beautiful card and box,Kathy. That will make a milestone birthday very special.

Kaz said...

Gorgeous! I love how much detail you put into your cards xxx

Debbie said...

Wow, such a striking make.love it.Hugs x