Friday, September 19, 2014

Stencil Revolution

My card for Zuzana's Stencil Revolution on today's new Daring Cardmakers challenge is also shown over on the Quirky Kits blog, where I've gone into more detail about how I made it
I used a stencil cut with my Silhouette Cameo to make this tree.  It's a pretty design with the trunk, branches and leaves which are formed by little hearts and dots. here's my "tool kit" for the painting - you'll see it's a bit basic!


I filled in the holes in the stencil by dabbing paint "circles" on with the ends of the cotton buds, then, when the paint was dry I used a sponge with some blue decorating chalks to add some colour around the tree




From my Quirky Kit box:
Acrylic paints
Lawn Fawn stamps
From my stash:
Seam binding, Wired flowers, Wired pearls, flat-backed pearls


There are lots of different ideas on what to use for stencils, and how to use them on your cards this week, so please visit the Daring Cardmakers Blog to see them all

Thanks for looking

1 comment:

Angelnorth said...

Another fun design with you cotton bud dot technique - looks fab with the stencilled tree!