Saturday, November 29, 2014

I Forgot my Forgotten Funky

The last Friday of the month is the day all the Funkettes post something on the Get Funky and Craft blog, all of us using the same Funky Hand CD or Download - so how come I nearly always forget to have something ready?

On Thursday afternoon when Anice issued a friendly reminder of the date I had a little panic, but found some pieces of the right papers actually in one of the piles of stuff on my desk, because I used the "Sleigh Ride" a while back  to make a gift bag.

I grabbed them and made a quick card to add to the blog post.  It was a bit of a pig's ear to be honest, so when OH rang to say he was going to be a bit late home I went back to my desk and had another go.
Well, that didn't go well either!
So the card I put  on the blog on Thursday night had to do for the Friday morning launch.

Well, with a little more time and feeling a bit less frazzled I sat down at my desk this morning and made something I like much more - and it gave me the chance to try out another of my "home made" sentiment panels = you can see another on my Daring Cardmakers card if you scroll down to the post before this one

I really love the "Sleigh Ride" download and often use it for my projects as the colours and lots of the designs are just great for all year round crafting
Funky Hand "Sleigh Ride"
The sentiment panel is created using Paint Shop Pro using fonts and dingbats. For this card I added colours to the dingbats to match the colours in the papers before printing out.

The stars were cut with some of the dies from a nested die set (Taylored Expressions) using  more designs from the  "Sleigh Ride" collection along with a few in glitter paper for a bit of festive bling

I'm going to have a look at the two rejected cards to see if I can save them, so watch this space!

Thanks for looking. please leave a message.....

1 comment:

Angelnorth said...

Great fresh, stylish look to this one Kathy - love it!