Friday, November 21, 2014

Something Old, Something New

It is Lythan's turn to set the challenge for the Daring Cardmakers this week:
"I have gone for one that allows for "seasonal" choices but is also something fun if you have either smugly made all your cards or are still in denial about what happens near the end of December...
Something Old, Something New
Most paper crafters have something in their stash that they have bought but never got round to using. If that isn't you - well done! But you can still play along as the idea of this dare is to combine a new and unused/ fresh out of the packet and only used a little product with something that has been hanging round in your craft space for a while."
You can see all the cards we've made using our Old and New stash by visiting the BLOG, here.

OK so I may have indulged myself a little and bought a few new dies in the lead up to the Festive Season, but I've already used some of those for cards I've shown on here, so in the spirit of the dare, I actually chose to use the brand new, as yet unopened pack of nesting star dies to make my card this week. 
My "Something Old" is pretty much everything else, but especially the papers, which I bought a couple of years ago but haven't really used much at all
Tools and Materials
Kraft Square card blank
Papers: Bazzill "Believe" 6x6 paper pack
Strip of  Dark Red Bazzill card
Dark Red and Gold Glitter card
Gold Vellum
Gold cord
Decal sticker sentiment
Ink: Rhubarb Stalk dewdrop (Memento)
Nested Stars Die set (Taylored Expressions)
Tiny Stars punch - punches 6 at once (EK Success)

At first I only had the glitter card and "music paper stars, but it looked very dull, so I added another star cut from gold vellum and it's amazing the difference it made in brightening up the whole thing
The small stars are hanging loose on the cord strands so there's a bit of movement in the finished card too.  I hope you like it

 Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment

9 comments:

Kath said...

Lovely card, Kathy. I like the star die.

Lythan said...

That is gorgeous Kathy - and the gold vellum addition is inspired :)

Julia Dunnit said...

It's a gorgeous card Kathy, love the Kraft use...and also, could easily translate into non Christmas too...double win!

Dawn said...

Gorgeous, I really love the stars, perfect Christmas card.x

Kaz said...

I love this Kathy, it all fits together perfectly xxx

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

I really love the design of this card, and the different papers are gorgeous and so Christmassy in a lovely vintage way!

Miri said...

You're a star =) and your card is great!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Kathy x

Rika said...

Gorgeous card Kathy!