Friday, April 17, 2015

Get the Point?

Well, Nat shot us a pointed challenge this week over at DCM HQ!

"My challenge to you this week is inspired by my current TV obsession: Arrow.
I would like you is to feature arrows on your card
They are a very current design trend in the crafting industry at the moment - lots of stamps, dies, papers are featuring arrows.
I would love to see whether you can interpret anything else from Arrow the TV series into your cards (like the colour green (as Oliver Queen knows, it's not easy being green), a nod to the Starling city skyline, comic book super heroes, Felicity Smoak's iconic glasses, somehow getting the word Sinceriously on your card...)
Whatever you go with, there has to be at least one arrow on your card!
There are some fab creations from the Design Team on the blog - they have not failed this dare!"

This was a tough one for me....on so many levels!  Not least because I haven't the foggiest idea what she's talking about (but there's loads more info over on our blog!), then there's the fact that green isn't a colour I feature as a main element in my crafting (don't know why)....and, to be perfectly honest, I just don't really "get" all this using arrows on cards etc , most of the time they don't seem to mean or indicate anything, and to me the whole point (haha) of an arrow is to give some sort of direction or meaning!
Well never mind me and my weirdness, a challenge is a challenge and I thought that arrows would work really well for another of the "Man-ic" May birthday cards I need to do: a 21st birthday card for one of our nephews.
Materials and Tools
14cm sq smooth white card blank
Bazzill and Coredinations card: black, yellow, 2x shades green
Nesties circles die set (Spellbinders)
Arrows are created from clip art, or screen drawn in Paint Shop Pro then cut with S. Cameo
Numerals also cut with the Silhouette

I based the card on the current LO from The Sketch File Blog, using the curly arrows in place of the swirls and the Numeral piece as the focus topper
April Sketch
I quite like the crisp, bright colours on the clean white, and I think it works OK for a blokey card in the end.
Please click on the link and head over to the Daring CM blog, because the cards are really fantastic this week and if you're like me and unsure about using arrows then you're bound to be inspired!


 Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Yep, definitely works for a "blokey" card - looks fab!

Lythan said...

I think this is stunning Kathy, lovely and sharp and graphic but with a teensy hint of Kathy twirls :)

Natty said...

Well Kathy, there is only one way to truly understand the inspiration behind my dare this week. ;o) Get watching Arrow - from the very beginning! :oP #sorrynotsorry

I think this card is fantastic, it's really bold and fits the brief with lots of arrows and lovely greenness! Fab work!