Friday, July 03, 2015

July Elemental Challenge

As it's the first Friday of the month, over on The Daring Cardmakers blog we have another fab picture to use for inspiration.  The idea is that you choose at least three elements (colour combo can only be counted as one of them) and use them to inspire your own crafting/

This time it's our lovely Jo who's doing the picture-choosing and she's found a fantastic image for everyone to use.
Here's the card I made

I've used;
Chevrons, Cameo,  Peony flowers, Leaves, Colour Combo and Black Script from Jo's Inspiration Piece:
There are so many little details in this picture, it was hard to select which ones to use!
Materials and Tools
Smooth White card for base and stencilled panel
Thin card in White and Pink
Bazzill Black card, Gold card
Fresco Finish Pink Paint, Colorbox Black Ink
 2x ready made rosebuds, 1x ready made flower
2x hand made peony flowers, tiny handmade roses 
Pink Organza, Gold Stickles,
ticker Sentiment
Chevron Stencil (Prima) 
Qulling flower die - I used the petals individually (Crafter's Companion)
Pansy Punch for second flower
Leafy Sprig die (Spellbinders)
Other Leaves cut with "Build a Flower #2" (Cheery Lynn)
Cameo is my own template, cut with Silhouette Cameo



I hope you'll pop over to see the cards the rest of the Team have made {HERE}, and that you'll feel inspired to join in this week
Thanks for looking, please leave a message :)

3 comments:

Angelnorth said...

More lovely flowers and a super-feminine card, lovely!

Jo said...

Brilliant card, Kathy - I love all the flowers that you make :)

Kath said...

This is a beautiful card. I know, because it landed on my mat for my birthday. Thank you so much Kathy. I love it.