Tuesday, March 08, 2016

Pretty Pastel Bunting

For this week's card using the March LO from The Sketch File  I've used the sketch in it's shrunken version and popped it in the corner of my card
Info:
The bunting background is made using a stencil and various VersaMagic and VersaCraft inks
I applied the inks using small pieces of a dry baby wipe which I rolled up, then folded the rolls in half to make little applicators.
This way I could swish the different colours over the stencil and have more control over the depth of the colour than if I'd tried to do it straight from the ink pads.  It was easier to apply a bit more of each colour as required.  

I really like the way these colours merge together, they look so pretty

I cut the stencilled piece down slightly at the sides and adhered to 
my base card.
The sentiment was printed in a purple colour using the pc, and then cut to shape and a backing piece added.
 The middle, rectangular section is white card matted onto a scrap 
of deep pink card

I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut the two layers of the "oval" section, then glued these three layers into position on the card

The embellishment trio from the sketch is made with some spare 
stencilled flags, some Bakers' Twine and a few gems

VersaMagic and VersaCraft inks
Scraps of matching Bazzill Card
Silhouette Cameo
Gems, Pearls and Pink Bakers' Twine
March 2016 Sketch

Thank you so much for visiting today, I hope you like this one!
Please leave a message, I do love reading them!


5 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Those colours really are pretty - a lovely fiesta of a card Kathy!

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Cathy. I agree with you about the colours, they look great. Cathy x

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is stunning I love the design. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Karen said...

I love this Kathy! x

Brawny x said...

Fabulous design Kathy x