Friday, April 29, 2016

Happy Anniversary

Today it's Miri's turn to set the challenge over on the Daring Cardmakers:
"This week we’ll celebrate love.
Prince William married his Kate 5 years ago on April 29th 2011. That’s reason enough to make wedding/anniversary
cards for all the lovely couples we know personally.
Or your partner ;-).

Has the wedding season already started in your part of the world? Are you invited to a wedding or anniversary this year?

Have a look at the Design Team’s cards and feel all the love that’s in the air.
Have fun crafting!

Lots of love from us XOX!"
It's always good when a challenge pops up that helps me get ahead with the cards I know I'll be needing - so, provided I put this in the sort of safe place I can actually find when I need to.....I won't be rushing the day before to make a card to give to hubby for our anniversary in July.  
23 years....where the heck did they go? 


Info:
Large cream card blank, extra of same card for the embossed panel
The papers are from an old g.c.d. 8x8 pad "Paris Nights", most have a lovely sheen, and some (like the two smaller hearts top left) are flocked 

The cream panel is embossed using a Cuttlebug folder.
 These folders are not big enough to emboss this size piece in one go, so when necessary I cut the two sections apart down the seam and just use tape to make a new hinge at the lower edge, or as in this case at the side.  This means I can realign the pattern then run through the machine again to extend the embossing.  Some folders are easier than others to do this with!


(Embossing Folder "Tiny Hearts" - Cuttlebug, part of a emboss and cutting set)

The three hearts are die cut
(Smaller hearts - DieNamics Nested hearts set, Tall heart - Marianne)

"Love You" sentiment is from the die set that matches the Tiny Hearts embossing folder
I used "Stick It" paper to adhere gold foil to some thickish black card, and another piece of the sticky paper on the reverse.  I know I could have used gold foil card, but I bought this "Stick It" paper ad so far have struggled to master using it - so I'm hoping that practise makes perfect!
The tiny hearts are punched from scraps of the foiled card.  I should have used a ball tool on them, they look a bit too flat

(Sentiment -One of several on a large die in an old emboss and 
cutting set - Cuttlebug)

 
These papers are so lovely, eminently strokable, and  I don't use them very often!  Actually, you probably can't even get them any more, not even sure if the company still exist.  

Anyway, that's it for this time, I hope you'll join in with us this week, the world needs all the love it can get - it would certainly make a nice change from all the hate and mistrust, wouldn't it?

Please leave a message, I love to hear from you....xxx



7 comments:

Laine said...

Beautiful and so elegant Kathy!
Laine
xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous papers and card Kathy
Gr Karin

Linda Simpson said...

Classy and Elegant! I love the beautiful design.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card I love the design. I can't believe that was 5 years ago since the wedding. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Angelnorth said...

Elegant and stylish Kathy, a lovely anniversary card!

Unknown said...

Stunning card Kathy. Such an elegant design. Cathy x

Dawn said...

No wonder you don't use these papers often they are beautiful. x