Friday, December 09, 2016

Beaded Bauble

Morning All!

Thanks for dropping by today.  
How are your Christmas preparations going?  I think this weekend might be the one for putting our tree up - I wonder how many of you have already done that.....?
It's definitely getting closer - I know that because last night Father Christmas drove his sleigh along our road - I was so pleased as I thought we'd probably missed his pre-Christmas drive-past as we'd been to Cambridge for a mooch around the shops the evening before.  It would be soooo typical if he'd come by here on the one evening we were out!
Anyway, as I think I've enough Christmas cards  in the box (could be a case of famous last words....) it was a treat to make something different, still Christmas themed, but not a card.  
This was for the last of the Daring Cardmakers' Step Away from the Cards challenges - this time called "Decorate It!" and a bit of an "anything goes", really
 "Step Away From the Cards no. 3" is all about making those
 Little Extras.
~ ~ ~ ~   Decorate It!   ~ ~ ~ ~

You could make something to decorate your home; a table decoration, a banner or some Bunting, a Christmas Cracker or similar, maybe something to hang on the tree or how about a topper to make a gift look extra special and festive. 
Home décor, or Festive Fun Extra, its entirely up to you - and remember, it doesn't even have to be Christmas-themed. 


I made a bauble using circles of paper


For this bauble I used some lovely Kaisercraft paper.  You need around 18 circles (mine are 12cm diameter) to make one of these, however there are at least 24 in this one!  My paper was a bit too thick - you really need to use text-weight paper, but I didn't have enough of anything double-sided and pretty enough to use.  
When I started to open up the "holes" it started to tear, so I added in more circles so that the "stretch" between the various sections was smaller.

I raided my collection of gorgeous glass beads to find some beauties to use on the tail, and then added a paper tassel to finish it off.  There's a seam binding  triple bow at the top of the paper ball and a loop for hanging the bauble up.



That's it for this time, but please do check out the {BLOG} to see what the team made this time - we don't just make fantastic cards, you know!

Thank you so much for visiting - please leave a message before you go, I'd love to hear what you think

 

10 comments:

Laine said...

Such a stunning Christmas bauble Kathy. Love the beaded detail.
Laine
xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous Kathy
Gr Karin

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

How stunning is this? Great work

Kath said...

Lovely decoration, Kathy. All your family will be wanting one!!

Shabneez said...

Great project Kathy - an interesting beaded bauble. Shabneez xxx

Jackie T said...

Wow Kathy this is stunning I love it. Our tree is up it is a tiny real one and it has lights but no decorations yet. Maybe tomorrow. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Andree said...

A fabulous project Kathy, your bauble looks stunning xx

Karenzkardz said...

This is gorgeous xx

Miri said...

That's a great project. Looks super tricky

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Kathy this is gorgeous.
Hugs
LInda xxx