Friday, February 17, 2017

Square Dancing on a Triangle

Hello

I've been an even worse blogger than usual this week, just haven't felt up to doing much of anything at all.  I've had enough of Winter now, I'm sick of irritating coughs and colds, and now I've got a cold sore.  I think my immune system is tired of fighting!  
It was lovely to see some sunshine yesterday and the temperatures were up too so it was good to get the windows open and give the house a bit of an airing!

Not much crafting done this week.  I did quite a lot of moving pikes of stuff from one place to another, then back again - but the mojo wasn't under any of them!

Leo asked us to make our own geometric patterns on our Daring Cardmakers' projects this week, and every time I saw another of my teamies sharing a gorgeous, clever card I grew more despondent!
In the end I grabbed some Washi tape and some inks and made a bit of a chequerboard pattern.  I made it on the diagonal for another geometric element
 Decorative panel created on textured card using lengths of Washi tape applied diagonally, and lemon, yellow, peach, orange and pink inks 
Narrow dusky pink ricrac braid (The Ribbon Girl)
Sentiment and backing square are also cut from Bazzill card.  
Die by Lawn Fawn
I made the flowers from scraps of matching card.  
For the larger ones I used a die by Britannia Dies, for the smaller ones am EK Success punch.  The stamens came from Cuddly Buddly
The leaves are petals from a Punch Bunch multi sized petal punch
A few scattered pearls were added to complete
That's it for now, sorry to be a Moaning Minne at the start, I will try to be more cheerful for next time. P
Please go and check out the amazing geometric patterns the rest of the Daring Cardmakers team have made - they are so clever!

Have a great weekend
 

8 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful and bright card Kathy
Gr Karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy your card is gorgeous. I am sorry you have been feeling poorly. I think there are signs now that Spring is finally on its way. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Tracy Welham said...

Well that's fabulous without your mojo Kathy, so you've no need to worry. :-) The design you've created would be suitable for so many occasions as well. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Shabneez said...

Love the colours and your use of washi tape! Wishing you better soon Kathy, hopefully the sunshine and flower buds will help. Shabneez xxx

Andree said...

A lovely card Kathy and a great use of washi tape. Your flowers are fabulous.
I hope hope you find your mojo soon xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Love the bright squares and the die cut words. Lovely card

Unknown said...

This is fabulous Kathy. The colours are stunning and I love that die cut. Hope you feel better soon- we have returned from holiday to find the daffs in full bloom so I'm sure Spring is on its way. Cathy x

Angelnorth said...

Fab way to create the pattern, lovely cheerful-looking card!