Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Two Sketch File Cards

Hi there
Bit of a dull and drizzly one here - of course it always seems to be that way when its the day for putting out all the recycling bins and boxes!
Shrove Tuesday today, so I've just been making the batter for our pancakes, I've  got the lemon and sugar ready, and I may even have some maple syrup too.  What about you?

It's also Sketch File Update Day,  and as I never did get round to blogging last week's card I've two to share today.
First up is the one for this week
 Info
The card blank was embossed with a Cuttlebug Swirls folder - to emboss this top fold card down the side, I slit the top of the folder where the fold is and used tape to fix it together on the left side instead.  
The narrow ribbon was adhered down the 'line' between the embossed and non-embossed sections
I used a hot Foil 'stamp' from CraftStashUK and gold foil on red card to make the heart, then cut it out freehand
I added Prima flowers (I have zillions and rarely use them tut-tut), with enamel and glitter dots for the centres
The red ribbons ( from  the "Love Is.." box) and the gold glitter washi tape (from the "Seeing Stars" box) from Bubbly Funk Through the Letterbox craft boxes
The loopy "with" is part of a "with love" die by Spellbinders

Here's the February sketch I'm using for both of these cards
The Sketch File - February 2018
Now my other card - I was able to use this one for The Sketch File Blog last week, and also for a post on the Bubbly Funk blog too
Info
Plain white card blank
Pale aqua panel from pearlescent card
Darker green-aqua card for tiny stars, sentiments and backing pieces
Matching organza ribbon
From the "Seeing Stars" craft box by Bubbly Funk Through the Letterbox
I used the Silver and White stars and the beautiful silver star charm

That's all for today, I hope you enjoy your pancakes if you're indulging 😉
See you again soon
Happy Crafting

8 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy your cards are gorgeous I love them both. That is a brilliant sketch. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

Kathy 2 very beautiful cards you have made

gr karin

Sylvia said...

Two wonderful cards using the sketch. Love the foiled heart and red, white and gold combo.

Sylv xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

gorgeous layouts to match the sketch and great die cuts

Laine said...

Stunning and so eye catching Kathy!
Laine
x

Unknown said...

Two wonderful cards today Kathy, so different but both stunning. Cathy x

Lorre-Anne Archibald said...

2 fabulous cards Kathy x

Shabneez said...

Super use of the sketch to make 2 totally different cards. I never did get to make pancakes.....Shabneez x